Monday, May 08, 2006

Hello Everyone

Or should that be hello anyone?

This is my first ever post, not sure why I am doing it, but as other people seem to be recording their poker experiences, I thought I would give it a go.

After a couple of hours play today, my pressing thought of the day is 'what makes a good low-limit poker player?' Does the size of your winnings count, or that you played the game properly? Are you in this for the long run, or the quick hit-and-run?

Like many players I'm sure, playing on-line can be a very rewarding activity, but damn can it be a very frustrating one. I play fairliy tight, maybe too tight, play the good cards, fold the c**p ones - etc etc. But just lately, I've found that my strong hands are invariably losing to some trash and it got me thinking, why don't I play the trash and see what happens.

So a day later, and calling with the trash - I'm 100$ better off in my bankroll. Is the grief from other players for calling with such rubbish worth the money? I'll bet they've made some incredibly inaccurate notes about me, which could work to my advantage in the future.
Have I just been lucky? I would sincerely hope so and have saved my winnings and am back to the strong hands only.

But it makes you think........

3 Comments:

At 10:37 PM, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Any prizes for leaving the first comment? Good luck with the blog and consider it linked.

Careful with the trash hands.From late position using a fit or fold policy post flop you may get away with it but sounds a bit tilty to me.
cheers,
Little Acornman

 
At 12:51 AM, Blogger Juice said...

Acorn you are shameless! you will do anything for readers!

 
At 2:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home