Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

Firstly, thanks to Little Acorn Man for being the first to post his comments on my new blog, little Mia now has three poker blogs to read as well as Rosie's and this one!
A prize is winging it's way to you as we speak..... ermm......

So how's the poker today? Well it started real bad then it got ugly. Inside my first hour I had one of those dream starts, first few hands include 2 flushes and a full house. Unfortunately, they all lost. Followed up by several 'two pairs' always running into a set, and within an hour I was over 100$ down :(

Fortunately, then came the good with a couple of hands going my way, then this, on a $2 PL table:

Dealt KK, put in a maximum raise with one caller.
Flop is rainbow A 3 9 - a little unhappy at this, but put in a $8 bet, which was called.
Turn is K - much happier as no flush is now possible, and my $20 bet is called
Flop is 8 - no str8 or flush possible, the only hand I can lose to is AA, unlikely with no raise from other player
I bet 20$ and am raised to £40. I only have $15 left so I go all in, and am called instantly.

What can he possibly have, I think in those few seconds..... 99, 88, AK? Surely not the dreaded AA......

He turns over Pocket 4's

Yes, I looked twice as well, he turned over Pocket 4's and my 100$ loss is now 80$ up!!

....and then he left the table before I could get his name and address to add to my Xmas card list

God Bless em.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home