Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I'm Back!!

Hello avid readers, betcha wondering where I've been, not posting for over a week!!
There has been 3 reasons for this unforeseen absence.

1) My publishing part of the Blog website has been down for 3 days for 'essential maintenance'
2) I've been struggling with inclination and anything to say because of point 3.
3) I am on my worse run since I started playing poker about 2 years ago.

I know, nobody feels that sorry when you're losing, but it has been one hell of a run. I use the words 'has been' despite the fact that I am still in the run, but I'm trying to be positive about it. Can't quite put my finger on why it has gone so bad, especially at Inter where I was flying. The odd couple of hands I've not been paying proper attention, and maybe I've been a bit complacent as you do when you win more often than you lose?
The main reason is that I have been very unlucky. So very unlucky. Freakily unlucky if I'm totally honest. How many times can you lose on the river when 95% ahead of your opponent. How many times can you lose to the single card in the deck to the fishy opponent who's called hoping just to hit his one-outer. Well, I now know the answer to these questions.

Poker Room and Inter are following the same formula over the past 10 days. Flop a monster, bet big and get caught by the miracle card on the turn or river. What can you do? Just try and be strong, I guess and hope I come out the other end stronger and better for it (and not too much poorer, please).
Bizzarely, my CD Poker run continues to get stronger and stronger and I have now quadrupled up my initial stake, so my recent run has not affected my play here. Trying to keep positive here guys.

Away from the tables, taken a temp job in a call centre near where I live as finding a more permanent job is not going to well. Again, 2 reasons here:
1) Recruitment Agencies are the most useless, bone idle profession I have come across. And I am signed up with about a dozen of them, so not just one or two. Don't get me started on them, ranting about losing at Poker is nothing compared to my opinion of these idiots.
2) Wrong time of year for my industry. People go on holiday in July and August, they don't book them now.

Saying this, I do have a big interview tomorrow and another 2 next week, so I'm confident I'll get something soon. This weather has not made me get up off my ample arse and find work, to be honest. I mean, what would you rather do? Back garden with Mia in the paddling pool, or an office reaching 90 degrees? Hmmmm.

But anyway, back to my current place of employment and boy do I wish I was single. I am surrounded by some of the most pretty and attractive (some are both!!) creatures of the opposite sex, I don't want to leave. Not that I actually get any work done, I just sit, stare and dribble at the fine pieces of art that the good lord has created.
Now, please don't think I am some kind of dirty old man or pervert. These girls are gorgeous.
One is a dancer on a cruise ship, temping or a few weeks till her boat get's back to the UK.
One is a Doctor who starts her job in September and is just temping for holiday money.
To be honest, I don't really care what they do, but boy are they great to work with. And, the offices are air conditioned, so the temperature is the complete opposite of outside. Freezing. Which has it's advantages apart from the temperature.

All right, I am a dirty old man. Benefits of not sharing these pages with your family. Anyone looking for a job in the Cheshire area - you'll pay me to work there, believe me.

So I'm off to the tables where my bad run will end and my recent losses will start to be returned by me. But only if I promise to stop ogling the lovely young girls.

Hmmmm, torn now.

4 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Freezing temps? I'm sure your girls are doing an outstanding job!

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

Where's your office? Can I have a holiday job?

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger MiasDaddy said...

it's that cold, we are never short of places to hang up our coats.

How much are you prepared to pay?

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

I'll pay you minus one grand a day to take me on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home