Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Happy as a Pig in Muck!

Mia is really into a kiddie programme called Peppa Pig. For those without children, it is all about a cartoon family of Pig’s. A little girl pig called Peppa, her little brother George (who carries a toy dinosaur everywhere he goes), Mummy Pig and Daddy Pig. There are occasional appearances by Grandma and Grandad Pig too. Mummy Pig and Daddy Pig do not have names just Mummy Pig and Daddy Pig. So Cathy and I are no longer Mummy and Daddy, we are Mummy Pig and Daddy Pig.
As I open the front door coming home from work, I can hear the cries of ‘Daddy Pig, Daddy Pig’ as she runs up for her hug. Quite what the neighbours think is beyond me. When we play in the garden, I am prone to do silly things, and am now prompted with the words 'Silly Daddy Pig'.

Anyway, Isn’t it nice to wallow in the glory for a few days? Playing poker last night and anyone not respecting my raises was prompted with a comment ‘Do you know who I am? I won the BritBlogger6 Tourny you know? Show me some repect!’
Only kidding of course, but there is something very pleasing about finishing top of the pile, when up against the quality of opposition playing the Tourny.
Cathy thought it was a great achievement, but this was after finding out she wasn’t getting a new pair of shoes with the winnings! It’s an honour thing, as Juice put it last night.

This tourney has inspired a lot more conversation between an ever expanding circle of friends. OK, maybe not real life friends, as many of us will never meet, but still friends who look out for each other and are quick with praise and congratulations as well as concern and best wishes when things may not be going so well.
I think back to about 18months ago, when I was first introduced to Juice and The Edge by Rosie and Acorn – and their first comment was ‘Welcome to the Family’. Well that family has expanded ten-fold by now, and it is nice to see more and more people joining in the fun and banter. I hope that new players are made to feel as welcome and at home as I have always felt.
So stop by the Tourny on Sunday at Poker Stars. The banter from Mik is worth the 5$ entry fee alone!

I would like to start a campaign to coerce Mr Edge into joining the next Blogger tourney. A regular at the tables for a while, I get the feeling he has lost the love for poker, so maybe if we stop by his blog and offer him words of support and enthusiasm, he will join us on Sunday. His banter and one liners were legendary, and I for one would love to see him do his stuff at the Blogger Tourny.

Come on Mr Edge!!

5 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Blogger Rosie said...

I don't think hes going to do it Mark.
When he Edge says no his wings are like steel! (mmh, mixing up my cartoon characters a bit there.) But he doesn't really want to play. Let me be the first to say (and I know, nobody listens to me) its not *manadatory*, is it?

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger TanOrpheus said...

Well played on Sunday, it's long overdue ! Enjoy the wallowing :o)

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger MiasDaddy said...

Thnaks Tan, looking forward to getting back into winning ways!

Rosie - All UK bloggers have to play - it's the law. Nah, I'd just love to see him and Mik in full flow - I think that would be worth paying to see!

 
At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looool.. I want to meet this guy! I am commenting.. I will say I have been sent by you guys to bring him out of the dark and into the light!!!!!!

You certainly deserve to wallow in you victory Spid, because you can gaurantee that if I won it, then I would MILK it for every single penny!!!!!!!

Thankyou for the kind comments and this blogger circle is always expanding and growing! A fantastic bunch of people who all support each other and can handle a little ribbing... ;-)

Glad to see you posting more with more regularity too!

Maybe you could choose a banner worthy of a Bloggerment Champion??

ATB

BM

 
At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. I loved the celebrity comment in the SnG... "do you know who I am!" beautiful!

BM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home