Monday, May 15, 2006

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Who would like to guess which is the odd one out from the following hands:

K 9s, 4 4, 8 8, Q Q, K K, 10 5s, A J, A Qs

The answer is that the above hands all beat my AA last night at Party, with one exception. Yes, I was 'lucky' enough to be dealt AA 8 times in my 4 hour session on the tables last night - but unfortunately for me, only once did it win.

The hand it beat? K K.
All the rest lost to flushes, 2 pair, sets, str8's - you know the story - and as most hit on the turn or river, the losses that go with it.

Add this to my flopped straight, and my all-in called by someone with top pair, who then hit runner, runner for a full house, and I was not a happy bunny indeed.

My 236$ bankroll dropped to just over 100$ and I was beginning to think I should take a break from this game. The bad beats seem to be coming thick and fast at the moment, and this could be an opportune moment to give the game a break. I'm a fairly emotional type, and tend to act on the spur of the moment and the emotion rather than sit down and think about things rationally and decide tomorrow. Hopefully this comes over in my blogs and not that I'm a whining, sore loser - as that is not the case.

Had a drink and decided to sit back down for half an hour or so and managed to claw back some and now my bankroll sits at 170$ - conincedentally, what I started my Party account with so I guess I've not really lost anything. This was mainly down to stupid play by others (calling my bets with 4 cards to a flush on the table, with just top pair, when surely no one would bet big unless they had a high 5th card, etc.) rather than any great play on my part. Can't be many hands left to clear my bonus, so may just get this in the bank and take a break.

It's the missus' birthday this weekend, and we are out for a meal with friends on Friday night and then her birthday is on the Saturday, so that will involve her putting her feet up for the day whilst Daddy takes over. This should give me a poker free weekend, and chance to reflect a little on the last weeks events on the tables.

Left for work at 9.30am this morning and Mia was just getting up (lazy thing!!) so managed to get my cuddle before I left, which, with her sleeping habits, isn't always the way.

Which reminded me that at all times, I must try and remember what's really important in life, oh, and learn to fold them damn aces......

1 Comments:

At 2:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home