Saturday, July 29, 2006

Please Don't Leave My Table!

I was a bit embarrassed after typing that in. We are on a 25$ NL table at CD and I'm holding AK on a AK5 flop with 2 suited cards, and as soon as he called my 'double the pot' size bet he was on a flush or str8 draw. Sure enough after a similar size bet was called on the turn, he hit his str8 on the river - but still never raised my much smaller bet.
So many things I wanted to type in.
Ever consider the odds for that 3-outer? How can you risk half your stack on such low chance of hitting? Idiot. Fuckwit. You know the feelings, you've all been there. But I knew these are the players we make our money from, so I typed in the above.

He replied 'tyvm' and I replied with 'lol' which I was annoyed with myself for immediately afterwards, as I didn't want him to think about why I said that, or re-evaluate his play. But he didn't seem to notice and carried on with reckless abandon.

45 minutes later, my 25$ was 70$ and my trusty opponent had re-bought twice, apparantly heeding my advice. Most of my winnings had come from him/her, and I was about to leave so I decided to return to the earlier advice I gave him.

Me: Is that 3 buys in now xxxx?
Fish: Yeah, I think
M: Think I've taken a few of those?
F: lol - probably
M: I'm gonna have to go in a minute, and I really wanna stay
F: why?
M: remember earlier, I asked you not to leave this table
F: yep
M: I just wanna say thanks for not going.
F: what you mean?
M: We'll play again in the future, I'll tell you then
F: how do you know?
M: Just as I knew I'd be thanking you for not leaving the table
F: ???????
M: G'nite all

A morale, and financial, victory I felt at the time and I left the table feeling good about poker.

Wish things were working this well at Inter and Poker Room, where I just cannot win no matter what my hand and my opponents is. 4 SNG's at Poker room saw me get knocked out at various stages outside the money in exactly the same manner - my pocket pair beaten by a lower one that hit a set. Don't think I can do much about this so have emptied 150$ from Poker Room (everything) , and 200$ from Inter, leaving me about 140$ there - and not playing any cash games for a while and seeing if this makes any difference to my run.

Had an interview on Wedensday and sat down with the Sales Director and Managing Director, and after introductions were over, they explained that they wanted to get to know me over the next 45 mins. Nearly 2 hours later I left their offices, and I hope this is a good sign! If I don't get a job soon, I'll have to suffer the painful fact that another week at the call centre awaits. I'll put a brave face on, and just do my best.

Anyway, off to the tables CD, happy pokering all.

1 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Blogger Rosie said...

I know its hard, Mark, but try not to tap the glass ;0)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home