Friday, August 11, 2006


Maybe Acorn deal's with these kind of complaints. I found this quite funny.

How's tricks guys? Hope the poker gods are shining on you, coz they ain't shining on me. Well, only the Inter poker gods aren't shining on me and I just cannot work out what is happening with my play there. We all go through bad runs. I know and accept that and AA is never gonna stand up against the muppet calls with K 4 every time. They get the luck they need sometimes. Overall, it's why I win at Poker, rather than lose - generally. But things are getting silly.

So, I have taken the course of action of removing all bar 50$ at Inter (thus resigning officially from the Inter Challenge) and am gonna try some Bonus Whoring at various sites (that aren't affiliated with a site I already play at) for a few weeks and see how it goes. Last night was the final straw for me, and I'm keeping some there as I enjoy the SNG's at Inter and the banter with the gang, so it's worth keeping a bit there for that reason alone. For the record, my 50$ investment saw me show a profit of $229, so no complaints overall, but when you consider I did break the 600$ mark at one point - there's a hell of a lot of bad beats there the last 6 weeks, and too much for me to take any more.

I know, I'm a big girl's blouse. But I bet I'll be richer for it.

So, I have opened up an account at Bodog Poker, and will play there for a week or two and see how things go, until I clear my bonus and then I'll move on. A bit like the littlest hobo, I suppose. Maybe tomorrow I'll wanna settle down, until tomorow I'll just keep moving on.
Had a nice start and have turned my 100$ investment into $118 in my first session, so we'll see how that progresses.

Anyway, off to CD for tonight's 5$, $3500 guaranteed, and I hope the poker gods are smiling on me :-)

3 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, Blogger Littleacornman said...

The whole world is your home eh!Spent many a happy hour watching that as a youngster.Looking forward to reading your thoughts on bodog and the value of bonus whoring.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Juice said...

Ride the wave my friend. Sometimes you are going to lose, the key is to minimise those losses so that when the cards return you havent fallen so far that you dont post profit

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger MiasDaddy said...

I know you're right J - but when you get 17 on the run, AK taken down by A3, and AQ by A6 as you saw, and on and on it get's incredibly frustrating.
And I'm on a good roll at CD, so I'd rather ride that wave :-)

Full report on Bodog coming up later Mr A, initial findings are quite positive ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home