Monday, March 05, 2007

Back, Calmer....

Funny how things can look and seem so different after a few days break.
Just re-reading my post below, and boy was I frustrated. Maybe I'd been playing too much. I probably had been playing too much, and we all know the more you play, the more chance you have of these things happening. Still, I don't think I can go on a run like that again, and it did hit my bankroll a bit.
Played again last night for the first time in 2 weeks, as I actually wanted to play, rather than felt like I had to. It did test my strength of will when, first hand, I was dealt JJ, only to lose to 33 who hit another on the turn. Fortunately, I hit a couple of big hands that held up and managed to clear 25$ profit for the evening, so not a bad start to my return. (I say fortunately, but I was the favourite pre-flop, so nothing really lucky about it!)

So, anyway, a break was needed if only to dampen my frustration and get me re-focised on the game. I have a lot going on away from the tables at the moment, my job is getting more demanding and I've spent 8 nights away in the last 3 and a half weeks, which does not please the missus too much. She's seen far too many US slasher movies and thinks the worse when I'm away, but fortunately (for the slasher - I've seen my missus angry!!) all was OK. New business is coming in thick and fast and my £21m target for the year is looking like being increased as we look £31m is achievable. Great for me, but keeps me moving around the country a lot.

Mia is rapidly approaching her 3rd birthday, and we have spent the last 2 weeks redecorating (or, in Cathy's case, re-designing) the 2nd bedroom ready for her move.
I'll probably post some piccy's in the near future, as it does look very impressive considering we bought and did everything ourselves, to our own thoughts, rather than any design or pictures we had seen. I'd love to take the credit, but I was justdoing as I was told, rather than the thinker behind it, and Cathy did most of the painting as she didn't trust my 'straight lines'.
Was really enjoyable doing it, all, the more so when I remember that poker winings paid for the bulk of it!

Nice thought to remember as I head to the tables for a session :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home