Sunday, May 06, 2007

Mixed Sunday

Championes, Championes!!

Chelsea's poor run of recent results continued, and handed Man U the Premier League title earlier this afternoon. Although Chelsea played pretty well, especially the 2nd half they just couldn't score the winning goal that would have made Wednesday nights game much more fiesty than it will probably now be. Both managers may rest key players as they look forward to a much more improtant game a week on Saturday. Still, it's good to win it, and I think, if you're totally honest, the best team this season won.

It was good to see Jose's reaction after the game, making sure his players and fans know they haven't let him or anyone down. That they did their best. In the post-match interview he congatulated United's players, managers, staff and fans for their efforts in securing the title, and reminded them that Chelsea would be back next season.

Shame that a certain poker player can't be as gracious and seemed to delight in my early exit from the Brit Blogger tourny earlier (it is still going on now), praising opponents for their winning hands everytime I lost, and never once when I won. Shame really, but hey, we are all free to be the way we choose.

This tourny was a bit disappointing for me. Built up a nice stack early on, and tried to steal at the wrong time on 3 occasions. Firstly, with AK, tried to push Cadmunky off a pot on a low flop, but he had 10s to cut me in half. Then, when I was the bigger stack, tried to steal the blinds with QJ and ran into Simonjj's QQ. Then, when my stack was less than 500, pushed with A7 and ran in Juice's KK. On some day's I'd be sat with a nice stack, today it wasn't to be. I'll be back. Maybe a little more conservative next time!
Looks like there will be a new winner, with 3 previous winners going out in the bottom 6 - good luck to all left in.

Anyway, off to the tables, hoping my recent good form on the cash tables continues.

4 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Blogger Nick said...

Congrats on the Premiership Mark.

Something I can only dream of!!!

 
At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! You sound like you didn't enjoy it this week?? Who's giving you the hard time?? Shall I sort them out?? I have an idea who it is, but I am sure it was just the alcohol!!!

You were unlucky mate.

Chin Up and remember, At least you have won it!!

ATB

BM

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger MiasDaddy said...

Hi Mik, no one's giving me a hard time! Just a comment, that's all.
I played badly, and got my timing all wrong this last week - but I'll be back, and better next week!

Cheers,
M.

 
At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats the attitude sir!!

Good man

BM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home