Friday, July 27, 2007

All Work and No Play!

Apologies gentle reader, I planned to pull up the hand history of the last blogger and do a write up - as it is the most I have enjoyed a blogger game for some time (in terms of my play rather than the banter!). Silly boy that I am, sometimes - I didn't save the hand history, so lost it. Doh!

Anway, from what I remember, pushing all in with 88 after a raise from the overly aggressive Kennl and taking down his 10 J. Then my AK took down Acorn's 10s (shock horror!) and I was sitting about 3rd on the leader board. Few steals and re-raises with AA twice and KK once saw me flirt between 2nd and 3rd, and before I knew it, it was bubble time.
I don't remember a 'bubble period' lasting as long as this, with chips moving from one player to another fairly regularly. Odds were being taken on who would win/bubble and it seemed to change a lot!. MSaban raised and I re-raised with AA - he tried to pry out of me what I had, telling me he had KK and would fold if I told him i had AA. Not sure if he did - but out of respect to other players at the table, I couldn;t answer and he finally folded.
Then, i called in the SB with 56 sooted and Mike Saban checked his Q6 and we saw a flop of 5 6 2 (I think). When I 2 x bb bet, he pushed all in! Thought for a few mins as there was a str8 possibility, but decided to call and took his chips to put the remaining 3 players fairly level.
The lead stayed with Hammerheid for a while, adn Kronsdat and I took from each other, then came the hand that I thought had won it for me.
I raised to about 5 x bb with KQ sooted and Hammerheid called. It was a lowish flop and I bet about 3/4 of the pot, and he called. Oops, I'm in trouble here, methinks. Another low card hits the turn, and I'm thinking if I check here, I've lost and am seriously depleted. So I push about 3/4 of my remaining chips and Hammerheid thinks for a while before folding. I showed my bluff (I think) and was now the chip leader.
Kronsdat then took out Hammerheid and we were heads up. The hand I've blogged previously killed me and a few hands later K took down the pot for the win.

Overall, a good game, some great play on the final table - I got the feeling a few players were on the top of their game, and I was pleased, no honoured, to have taken 2nd :-)

Not played too much since, as work is so, so busy at the moment - seem to have a million things to do a day, get some of them done, only to find more at the end of the day. Need to get to grips with the Pareto Principal (80% of your results come from 20% of your time), but it does remind me of that very funny line from David Brent in The Office:

'I thought I could see the light at the end of the tunnel, but it was just a bloke with a torch carrying more work for me'

Looking forward to a night on the table tonight, feeling like I'm actually looking forward to playing.

Toodle Pip!

6 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Blogger dD said...

nice one mate !

I was on top of my game ... then cloud took the gun off me and shot me in both feet ... with bullets of course ... I was the one holding AA ... doh !

catch you later, where ??

regards

dD

 
At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow !!

does this mean you wont associate with us degenerates any more ...

anon.

btw can i tell 'em the one about you, the stripper and the blow up sheep ???

 
At 1:41 AM, Blogger Swifty said...

Nice one Mark :)

Funny that you should feel good about the game at the same time as I do after all the beats we've shared.

Long may it continue :)

 
At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, good to see you getting some positive's for the game Mark! Don't think it will be so easy this week as I am bringing my poker head! ;o)

Could you also do me a favour, I have set the bloggerment up a LIMIT Holdem by accident. I need everyone to unregister so I can cancel it and Acorn has created a new one that end "NL" ! hahah.

Thanks.

BM

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger exile57 said...

Nice one, about time you had some good times on the felt, really pleased for you, as Si says, long may it continue! :)

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger DubLiMan said...

Your site would make an interesting addition to my blogroll. Would you be interested in a link swap? Check out my site http://mondaymorningpower.blogspot.com. If you like what you see and agree, then link my site to yours, leave me a comment on my blog that you have done so and I will immediately do the same.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home