Sunday, July 08, 2007

Live Pokery Fun!!

"It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens"

Life on the felt continues to amaze and depress me. Just played a few hands now, whilst I'm typing this: first hand AK on an A high flop. 2 players call. Turn 4, river Q. One has A4 the other AQ :-(
Been playing really tight, only premium hands see a call/raise, but it's tough playing ABC poker, and the only hands you play are the best ones- but they never win. So I tried to play with confidence Friday night and managed a break even nights play, which is a positive right now.

Received an Email from Bodog advising that player points can be converted to cash for a limited time only - and I had 50$ worth!! Cashed those in and am playing between there and i4 poker at the moment. I4 poker has hammered me, and my balance is down about £40 with some horrific beats, as per my previous blogs. But I'll soilder on, knowing the good run is just around the corner.

Trying to prepare myself for this afternoons live pokery fun - a £5 freezeout tourny at a new, local club. Just called to see what the form is, when to be there etc. and they told me there is about 40 playing, and last months went on for just over 3 hours. Been reading 'Killer Poker' to get me in the right frame of mind and just hope that I play my hands and my opponents well.

May get back to play in the Blogger tourny at Stars - as I also have a lot of points there, and may be able to play SNG games to convert them to cash (hopefully). I've said I won't deposit there again, but I enjoy playing and being involved in the blogger game, so may make an exception for this game. It's worth the 5$ entry fee just to hear Mik!!

Anyways, good luck all, may catch you at the Bloggerment at Stars (you'll find it in the 'Private' section of Tourny's) -9pm UK time password DONKAMENT.

4 Comments:

At 1:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! what do you mean? Just to hear me??? LOOOOL

You love the banter...just not the cards... :-(

Glad you cold make it tho.

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Swifty said...

Looking forward to hearing about your live exploits :)

 
At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only deposit on stars for the bloggerment these days....oh how I wish they would move it to bet365 LOL.

C'mon Mark dying to hear how your live game went!

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger exile57 said...

Me too, come on, live update please !!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home