Sunday, August 26, 2007

Onwards and......sideways!

Sunday morning.
9.30am.
Been up for 2 and a half hours already.
Only the online newspaper to read.
Thursday night - no sleep at all, got called out to the office to oversee BT and telephone engineers after a fault on the system, and ended up getting home at just past 6am.
Out for a few beers tonight to celebrate a friends 40th birthday.
(gulp - this means I must be getting close!)
Then, tomorrow, we have ALL of Cathy's family round for the afternoon.

So, I'll be very tired and hung-over.

Care to guess how many I'll upset before the afternoon is out?

----------

Cathy is starting to show quite early, quite the opposite when she was carrying Mia. For the first few months I kept asking her 'are you sure you're pregnant?'. Now I'm asking her if she's having twins!
Whilst carrying Mia, I used to refer to the 'bump' as Titch. We didn't know the sex beforehand, and 'it' seems wrong, so titch caught on, and before long the whole family were using it.
Now it's Titch II - The Revenge!
(quickly followed by Titch III - Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the nursery!)

We've only told immediate family so far (and you lot) - so doubt we'll keep this a secret for too long if she keeps growing this early!

-----------

Poker has been a bit up and down. Probably not in the best frame of mind to play, but managed to keep a steady uphill climb before a bad night last night took me back to where I was 4 days ago. Still just over 100$ ahead since my 'return' - so happy overall.
Been playing a pretty tight strategy and after just finishing Barry Greenstein's book - I'm trying to put some of the things I learnt, into action. Didn't really enjoy the first part if I'm honest - it was too biographical , and I want to pick up tips on how to play, rather than Barry's life.
Still, it was informative and the second half got better and I think there was some good advice and strategy.
Started on 'Poker for Dummies' - which is reasonably OK so far but maybe more targeted to the new starter. Not a bad idea to go back to the beginning sometimes, but it is a little basic early on. Just getting into the 'advanced strategy' stuff now, so will do a review once finished, if anyone is interested.
I got a disc with about 40 books on, and have got quickly in to reading from my laptop screen - sold a few copies on E-bay, and made a tidy profit, but have stopped now, as I guess it fringes a few copy-right laws so don't want to get booted off! May try again in a couple of months as it's a bargain for the buyer and easy for me.

Anyway, off to play in the garden. It's a bank holiday weekend and the sun is shining. Something's wrong.

4 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Blogger dD said...

i'm seriously skint mate .... can i have a free copy ?? (he he he)

regards

dD

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

Hi, can you change the link to my blog? My old one got hacked so I've had to start a new one!

Cheers

http://www.yorksh1repudding.blogspot.com

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger MiasDaddy said...

Dd - always willing to help out someone as skint as me! Check your Email.
YP - done! I'm missing Milla already

 
At 7:50 AM, Anonymous Free Poker said...

All best for visitors in new year 2013.

--------------
Free Cash for Play Bonus to start poker.
Bonus Startowy na Poker No deposit Holdem

 

Post a Comment

<< Home