Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Lucky Heather anyone?

Well, this will be short, as I promised myself that I would be positive and not talk about bad beats - but after a night of what can only be described as brutal, it's gonna be hard!

No one wants to read about bad beats, I know. And it's not good for my positive mental attitude, but in poker terms, I have nothing else to write about. I'm trying hard to look at my own play to see where I can tighten up, and maybe do things different but if you flop a full house, or raise with AA and hit another on the flop, and still end up losing on the river to the 1/2% chance clown that was calling for his one-outer- what more can I do? The AA pot had over 70$ of my chips in - he called two big bets despite massive odds against him, and still hit. I ranted at my misfortune, which made me feel no better, but felt I had to say something. I made lots of notes on my opposing players, so maybe in the future, their ridiculous calls won't hit and my balance will be all the more healthy for it.

So my Party account currently sits at 160$ and a bit of time off is the order of the day. Maybe it's a freak run of bad luck, maybe I need to re-read my poker books and start again at limit and work my way back up.

Either way, if anyone has any lucky heather going spare, please send it as quick as you can!!

I have a day off tomorrow, so it's daddy day. First we are going swimming as little Mia now has two badges for her efforts, then it will be over to Dunham Park, a huge national trust place nearby that has animals and wide expanses of park for her run around in and a coffee shop for daddy to take a breather! Then I'm taking a group of local kids on a cycle trek along a disused railway line that's been converted to a cycle path and nature trail type thing.

Hopefully the weather stays nice, and it's just the poker tables I get rained on!

***** Hand History for Game 4285293994 *****
$50 PL Texas Hold'em - Table Tickle Box (No DP) (Real Money)
Seat 4 is the buttonTotal number of players : 6
Seat 1: FL__surfr ( $52.87 )
Seat 2: brettski_ ( $48.71 )
Seat 5: AsBibi ( $22.85 )
Seat 4: mias_dad ( $40.20 )
Seat 3: itchinan ( $52.25 )
Seat 6: Milankovitch ( $49.50 )
AsBibi posts small blind [$0.25].
Milankovitch posts big blind [$0.50].
** Dealing down cards **Dealt to mias_dad [ Kh Kd ]
FL__surfr calls [$0.50].
brettski_ folds.itchinan folds.
mias_dad raises [$2.25].
AsBibi folds.Milankovitch calls [$1.75].
FL__surfr calls [$1.75].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 7d, 9s, 7h ]
Milankovitch checks.F
L__surfr checks.mias_dad bets [$6.65].
Milankovitch calls [$6.65].
FL__surfr folds.

** Dealing Turn ** [ Tc ]
Milankovitch bets [$10]
mias_dad calls [$10].

** Dealing River ** [ Ts ]
mias_dad calls [$16.27].
Milankovitch bets [$16.27].

Milankovitch shows [ Th, Td ] four of a kind, tens.
mias_dad shows [ Kh, Kd ] two pairs, kings and tens.
Milankovitch wins $69.84 from the main pot with four of a kind, tens.

6th time in a week. Sigh.
I shouldn't have called the river, I know, but couldn't believe it could happen again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home