Thursday, June 15, 2006

50$ Challenge Part 2

OK, I have faced the shame and have re-loaded 50$ to my Inter account after Cathy pointed out my massive over reaction to a number of unlucky hands.
'You can't expect to win every time you play' she observed. 'Yes I can' I replied, and stamped my feet before I was sent to Mia's naughty corner. 'Why can I never get you in the naughty corner?' I ask, but I think I better change the subject quickly......

Cashed out my Laddies account of 230$ as I've never managed to do well consistently there, so will take the money whilst it is still there. Am focusing on Poker Sites I have proven I can win at in the long run - which makes a lot of sense to me!

So I opened a 15/30c NL table at Inter (only for the challenge of course), and a 50c PL table at Poker Room. The difference could not be any more striking for me, with no apparent difference in my play.

I'm on a big roll at Poker Room at the moment, and my account peaked at 600$, before dropping back to 570$, some 370$ profit on my 200$ of two and a half weeks ago.
I dipped 30$ with my last hand of QQ and got three callers to my 2.25$ raise. Hit another on the flop, along with 2 spades, so bet the maximum of 11$, which got 2 callers. turn was 2h, so I moved all in and both called, turning over As 10s and Ks Qs - and the customary third hit the river to knock me back 30$. I know the odds can't have been great with 6 spades already out, but thats the way it goes sometimes. Overall a good day at Poker Room.

Moving back to Inter, and my run of bad luck was continuing. Typical hand would see me holding KQ and hitting a flop of K 9 2. My opponent had called my pre-flop raise with 92 (they were sooted!) - and these kind of hands are costing me. Not sure what I can do to avoid it? If a player is willing to call raises with 92s, how can you expect any stronger hands to stand up, it's just a coin flip every time?

After 30$ had gone, decided to leave the NL tables and move to limit and see if this would spark a change. And it did. Hit a 50c limit table and managed to build my 20$ stack up to 48$. Moved to a 1$ limit table and built up to 81$ before deciding that this was probably the best it was going to get and retired for the evening.

Played for an hour this morning, and the bad luck run kicked in again, with AA, QQ and AK (with A on the flop) all running into flushes (78, A10 and K4 all called my pre-flop riases for the record). A consistent run of open str8 draws and flush draws flopped, and not one hitting, added to numerous two pair losing to sets, and I just don't feel positive about the place at all.

Not sure if this is having some impact on my play, but when I get a strong hand, I'm playing much more tentitively. Whilst this may not be the best way to play, it has saved my a good few $'s. E.g my AK with A on the flop, one other player calling me all the way, and I checked a 10 on the river and he turned over A 10 to take the pot. This just seems to be the norm for me at Inter, and boy is it depressing :-( On a positive note, it is only 3 days, and surely it can only get better? For the record, account stands at 52$ - only 948$ to go!

Just about to give Mia her lunch and then it's off to Tiny Ted's - a kiddies club where they sing, dance and play on swings, slides and climb things. This should tire her out a bit ready for Daddy to head out to the pub for the game. I have to stay sober as the kid's are doing their athletes badge tonight, and muggins here has the job of organising it.

Hope the kids do better in their race than I am....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home