Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Challenge Over :-(

Well, my run at Inter was short and sweet.

Played 4 hands this morning at 25/50c NL:

Hand One: KK, bet 4$ two callers. Flop 6 j 10. My 5$ bet called by both. Turn is the customary A that is on the board over 8 out of 10 times I get KK (82% to be precise). One guy moves all in, other calls so I fold. One turns over A6o, the other KQ - so I was beaten by them both, and stack getting down to single figures.

Hand two: AJs - call 1$ raise, nothing on the flop so fold to bet.

Hand Three: 10 10 - raise to 1$, one caller and fold to his big bet on a K J 2 flop.

Hand 4: In the BB with 7s 2s, flop is A 4 8 (three spades so a flopped flush for me) - maybe a turn of luck. Move all in with my last 7$ or so and one caller turns over K 4 (no spades). Guess what happens? turn a 4, river an 8. I lose to a full house.

So guys - am I allowed to compete in your challenge at another poker site? Can I do it at Poker Room? And, as I found 50$ in my laddies account I forgot I had (as previous posts will show) and have built this to over 250$ so far - does this count?

I'm clutching at straws I think. I'm a loser. I know.
I'll bet even Mia won't want to be near me. All my friends will stop returning my calls and e-mails. Cathy will start sleeping on the couch (or make me sleep on the couch more likely). Before long I'll have to move out as the neighbours start to shun me. My employers will fire me after finding out I've moved into my office full time. I'll find a large cardboard box and live under a bridge in town centre. I'll be stopping men in suits and asking them for any change, at least for a cup of coffee. 'Oh, go on mate, it's only a quid.' I'll grow lots of facial hair in which insects will build happy homes. And I'll be pleased about that. I'll drink a bottle of Vodka a day (and I don't even like Vodka!) I'll move to B&Q paint stripper when Vodka stops hitting the spot. Then I'll be arrested for shoplifting after realising I've been wearing the same clothes for 6 months and could do with a change. And that night in the police cells will be the happiest I can remember.

And all because of Inter Poker and a 50$ challenge

7 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, Blogger Rosie said...

I think you should be able to do the challenge wherever you like , but Acorn is the ref as far as I know. Although won't that make you start on -$50?

I don't want to say you sound like a sore loser but...
You were certainly unlucky, I'll give you that.

See you soon, but possibly not at inter ;0)

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger MiasDaddy said...

I apologise, I have now reviewed and deleted a couple of paragraphs - I really need to think about these things more.

But you're right, very unlucky.

Football therapy needed :-)

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger Juice said...

you cant play any site!

It wont be a level playing field otherwise.

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Rosie said...

what difference can it possibly make where you play?

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Juice said...

All sites are differnet. Party is differnt from pacific which is different from ladbrokes. Sure its the same game but laddies for example has no americans. The fact this is a race, means that so far as possible we should have to build the roll under the same conditions? surely.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger MiasDaddy said...

It's OK guys, I've reloaded at Inter, so the challenge is back on.

Can't face a night out after that shambolic football game I've just watched.
Stuart Pierce was spot on after the game - what contribution does Owen make to the team? Get him off.

Off to Inter to cheer myself up :-)

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Juice said...

I wasnt that convinced by peter crouch either to be honest. He doesnt move around very much. Doesnt chase the ball down and doesnt protect it very well once he's got it. Hes not very fast, not very good in the air and He seems to suffer from heskey syndrome. Big bloke, bit weak. Jan Koller is a big bloke and hes far more dominant than crouch. Rooney holds the ball up better and he half the size of crouch. Even if rooney is just linking the midfield hed be far more effective.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home