Sunday, June 04, 2006

It Never Leaves You.....

Just feeling the ability to move and talk again after a full day yesterday on the dirty beer. Think I need to review my drinking pace when I start on these early ones. We went round to my friends house about 1.30pm for his son's 2nd birthday. I'd been round Friday night as he was borrowing my 10m marquee just in case of bad weather, so we'd sank a few the night before.

As it happened, it was needed for shelter from the sun, rather than the rain, boy was it a hot one! Played all the usual children's games (I get to do these as I'm still a 2 year old myself, so seem to attract the kids!) and have the lobster red face to show for my efforts.

Never seemed to be without a beer in my hand, and after the baby games finished, started playing football with the older kids and before I knew it, 6pm came around. Cathy took Mia home and I stayed on drinking with a few friends until the wee small hours, turning up home in a very drunken state. Apparantly, we bulit a little fire in his garden, after one of the girls had said it was getting cold. Not the most sensible things to do when everyone has been drinking, but fortunately no harm done to anything apart from his grass. Lots of funny stories, and the only 2 single people disappearing together, presumably for a night of hot sex - lucky buggers :-)

Hit the tables for half an hour, but can't seem to concentrate, and was 30$ down before I knew it, so left and began this blog. I am just about to be banished to the loft to clean up all the mess. Cathy won't go up there due to her chronic spider phobia (at last a place of safe refuge for me then!), and won't listen to me when I tell her there will be hardly any up there. Will probably come down looking like a chimney sweep, but at least I will run up a few brownie points.....

Spent this afternoon with Mia in the back garden, as Cathy headed off to Sainsburys for the monthly big shop. Mia was running around picking up sticks and stones (we have a lot of trees around our back garden) and building what looks like a bonfire. This could worry our neighbours, so may have to dismantle it when she's gone to bed. Where the little lass gets her energy from I have no idea. Won't play with dolls or prams like any normal 2 year old girl, and continually strives to run around the garden faster than she did the last time. Maybe she'll be a sprinter when she's older? Singing, dancing and playing for 2 hours was great, and next door's kids joined in to give me a break.

Have a big interview on Tuesday, so have to put together a presentation tonight / tommorow. My interview went very well last week, I had an email from them telling me they were very impressed, and will be deciding by the end of next week. Hopefully, I should have something sorted soon and can enjoy some gardening leave.

Although, gardening leave with Mia sounds more tiring than working! Happy poker-ing all.

2 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

 
At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home