Friday, June 02, 2006

Need A Chuckle?

Well, well, well, seems the poker conspiracy theories are a lot bigger and more outragous than even I imagined!

We are having our loft done today - lots more storage space to put the stuff in, that you seem to accumulate when you have children. Mia's only 2, dread to think how much stuff they will be when she get's to 5! So I'm sat in the living room with laptop on knee and playing a bit of poker.

And boy, have I found a cracking table this morning! I've had a few 'way in front to way behind' hands mind, but how quickly they are forgotton when the fish don't hit their flush on the river, but have called your ridiculous bets to get there. And not just once or twice mind - I was 100$ up when decided that I had used up more than my fair share of good fortune, and surely they were gonna start hitting them soon, so left them to it more than happy.

Whilst I was playing, I was browsing the internet looking at various poker discussion sites to pick up a few tips and advice, when I stumbled upon www.pokerconduct.com.
Having never seen a website like this before I thought I would have a read - and how funny is this? Basically, it's a 'Online Poker is Fixed' website, where players can post their bad beat stories and complain about how it is fixed. Apparantly you will always lose when you cash out, and always win when you register as a new player.

Now I have often questioned things that have happened to me, that seem to be outragously un-random, but surely these miraculous bad beats will happen when you look at the amount of hands being played. I have a moan and move on. These guys are making a business out of it!

(click on breaking news, then scroll down to hollywood poker to see what I'm on about)

The one that really tickled me was the 'Ace of Spades dealt twice in one hand' story that has alledegly happened on Hollywood Poker. Player has AQ spades and flop is Ac 6c Qh, turn is another As, followed by 3c. Something obviously fishy - 2 x A spades in one hand?

Now, I'm no computer expert, but one thing jumped out at me instantly that this cannot be genuine. Look at the Hand History box in the bottom corner - where are the turn, bets and river cards recorded - as they usually are in this box? Note that the scroll bar is already at the bottom, so no notes are below.
They lead with this on their home page, so I guess they are not poker experts or players, or would surely have noticed this and at least questioned it.

Maybe it did happen, can computer programmes make 'mistakes' or misinterpret information and display the wrong card. I don't know, but this made me chuckle so I thought I would share it with you.

Enjoy the pages!

1 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home