Friday, June 16, 2006

Who's the Daddy?

Good evening one and all, thank you for stopping by for my wit and humour (!!).

No bad beat or moans today. I know 80% of you don't care and the other 20% think I probably deserve them. But the main reason for no moans or bad beats? There aren't any, and what better reason is there than that :-)

OK, first of all, an update on our 50$ - 1000$ challenge, and things are starting to steady out and begin an upward trend. Played a couple of hours at Inter last night and managed to finish about 3$ up - which is a massive bonus compared to previous sessions. However, biggest hand of all Inter time for me this morning, when the following happened:

Dealt KK and raise to 4$, with 2 callers.
Flop of K 10 5 (two hearts). Ok, good flop for me - don't want to scare anyone away, but worried about the 2 hearts, so cautiously bet 1.50$, hoping someone will assume this is a sign of weakness. One caller and then third player raises to 5$.
Obviously I'm pretty happy at this as I have the nuts at the moment, so what's his hand. Should I re-raise or draw him into a big bet on the turn and re-raise there. I put him on a str8 or flush draw so I jst call and see the turn, as does the remaining player.
We see a 5 of hearts. I have a full house.
I bet 2.50$ this time, player 2 moves all in with 20$ or so, player 3 moves all in with 30$ or so, and I call, so pot is almost 100$. Player 2 turns over pocket 10s, also a full house, and player 3 an Ace high flush. My hand stands to win the pot.
Had a couple more good hands that stood and let the tables at 118$ - so the challenge is officially back on. Just hitting the tables now, so will post an update at the end of the evenings play.

As I re-loaded and started the challenge for a second time, when I hit 300$, I will remove 50$ from the account as I think this makes it kind of fairer? See how positive I have become - WHEN I hit 300$, not if.
(On another note, anyone know how to 'find a player' on Inter? Wanted to join you guys for a game, but couldn't see how to find anyone?)

Life off the tables is OK, hoping to find out a job this week, but the decision has been delayed to Wednesday. I've been told that I'm in with a good chance, but want to get it all sorted now, as it's been going on for a long time.
Took Mia for a walk in the park yesterday afternoon, as the sun was shining and it was too warm to stay ine the Tiny Ted's place. As she was running around the playground, she fell and cut both her knees. It wasn't a hospital 'bad' but the worse injury she's had and she was quite upset for a few minutes before she calmed down, wriggled out of my arms and, refusing my attempts at wiping the blood and dirt from her wounds, headed back to the swings and slides. There was a really funny moment later when she had to crawl through a tunnel in one of the play things, and the sounds of 'ow, ow, ow' came out as each knee touch the floor. Sweet and heart wrenching at the same time.
Called in at the chemist on the way home, and antisecptic wipes are about the most I could do. It obviously stung her as she cried more at this than when she fell, but I had to clean her up. Today she has been showing off her wounds to my dad, rolling her trouser legs up, pointing to her scabs and saying 'ow, ow, ow' which is really funny.

My brave little angel.