Sunday, August 13, 2006

I'm not the Messiah

I'm a very naughty boy. Apparantly.
My chat function was turned off at Bodog this afternoon. I hadn't been swearing or abusive to anyone (not yet anyway), so I e-mailed them to ask why. This is their response. And it has me bemused.

Dear Mark,

It has come to our attention that you have been abusing the chat privilege in our poker room. The chat feature is meant to allow for players to communicate with other members of the Bodog Poker community in a responsible manner.

It is not to be used as a vehicle to actively promote commercial sites. Any chat by any player which is deemed as actively promoting commercial sites will automatically result in a player having their chat privilege removed. At this time, your chat feature has been disabled.

You are more than welcome to continue to play at the tables but will be unable to chat. If you would like to have your chat reinstated, please contact Bodog Poker Customer Service at 1-866-909-2237 and we will be happy to discuss the matter.

Thank you, Bodog Poker Customer Service

As you can imagine, I am baffled and have asked them to e-mail me a copy of the offending words, as I genuinely have no idea what they are talking about. Maybe they mixed me up with someone else? All will be revealed.

2 posts in one day huh? Does life get any more exciting?

3 Comments:

At 5:33 PM, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

Did you mention another poker room?

One of the ones we play at *'s out the word "Pacific", due to Pacific Poker.

Mr Edge.

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger MiasDaddy said...

Yeah, apparantly I was telling another player about the bonus at CD poker and how it was better than Bodog's and obviously offended the powers that be.

I have profusely apologised for my unknowing error, and have promised never to mention a rival poker site on Bodog again and sit in the corner with my arms folded and finger on my lips.

Having a few days off poker, so see you all at the weekend!

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

That's very paranoid.

At Pacific Poker, I've told other players how poor Pacific is, and they've done absolutely nothing about it. Having said that, their software must be too poor to monitor chat transcripts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home