Sunday, August 27, 2006

Sunday Update

After a relatively quiet week's poker, I've had a pretty good week. Not sure if this has anything to do with less hours at the tables, or just one of those things. I've been heading off to bed early-ish and had a few days off the tables, and I'm not sure if this has helped me with concentration and focus. Maybe it's just coincidence, though I've always believed things happen for a reason, hard as it is sometimes to see that reason.

My previous post (To rant or not to rant) had a few big hands, and with many standing up against those stupid calls, have seen a good increase on my bankroll. Almost all of these hands were at Poker4ever, and my BR has increased to 104$ - so I'm back in credit against my 100$ starting point.
I was close to closing this account and taking back my remaining 32$ - but knew that a wave would come soon, it was just a matter of whether or not I would have anything left when it came. Well, it came when I was down to 18$, and I doubled up 3 times pretty quickly and did peak at 118$ before my flush was beaten by a higher flush to take me back down to 104$.

Bodog is still proving fruitful, after a bad session on Friday saw me drop back a little, Saturday pulled it back and I am now sitting at 370$ and 30 points short of my points target for a cashout and a nice 270$ profit - if this remains the same. Then I need to decide whether to stay or move on to the next bonus. Decisions, decisions.

Also on a positive note, Acorn's Charity Challenge is officially underway, and after an initial minus session, I had a big hand of KK v QQ which has seen my 60$ starting balance finish at 78$ at close of play last night. Currently playing this at Poker Room, but I may shift it to another site so the BR can benefit from a bonus as well.
I was feeling pretty bad after my first session, lost a SNG in very unlucky circumstances, and hit a couple of str8's that lost to flushes and was nearly half the stack down. I have offered to replace the 60$ should I lose it, and have also added that I will double any winnings I make in the time from now - 15th September when the challenge is over. So fingers crossed, I hope my luck holds and I can make a good few $$'s for Acorns charity.

OK, off to the park with Mia now - no wonder I need my early nights!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home