Wednesday, August 23, 2006


Well, looks like the summer is well and truly over. Certainly is where I live in the leafy suburbs of Cheshire, where we went 2 months with virtually no rain, followed by about 2 weeks (so far) of constant rain. Imagin how confusing life would be if you were a plant in someone's back garden. You don't get a drink for 2 months, then you're swimming in the stuff.

Tough life being a plant I guess. Could be worse, could be a daddy. Or a poker player.

Speaking of weather, the call centre I work in had amazing views of a storm yesterday. I sit in a corner, so have views from 2 sides, and the thunder was crashing down and the lighting was crackling around in the air - very spectacular to watch.
One of the girls was pretty scared of the thunder, so I provided a consoling shoulder for her to lean on to help her through this difficult experience. Some people are scraed of heights. Some of Spiders. She was scared of thunder.
I was quite happy to give her a cuddle for a short while, eventually having to let go an hour or so later, purely for her motivational reason's of course, but will probably receive a solicitors letter anyday now for inappropiate behaviour or sexual harrasment in the workplace. Still, I enjoyed it whilst it lasted.

Had a mixed few nights on the tables the last couple of days, though I seem to be so knackered lately, I don't seem to be able to stay up as late as I used to. CD Poker see's me almost back to where I was a week ago after a horrendous night's play where I dropped a 100$. Lose small and win big is the way to do things, but I haven't quite got the hang of this just yet.

I've now racked up 14 hours of play at Poker4Ever and still have yet to have a winning session there. AA v KK, AQ v Ax - no matter what I seem to hold, just cannot stand up. I win the odd hand, for sure, but can't seem to get a run going. Hence, my 100$ is now down to 32$ so the question is, do I bank the 32$ before it all goes, or be positive and believe that this can't go on much longer and stay so I can ride my lucky wave when it hit's and build it back up to the starting amount. Reckon I've got one session left here if I don't have a winning run, and I'll be at the 'all in or bust' stage, and anytime can happen then. Ces't la vie, onwards and upwards.

Fortunately, Bodog is proving to be fruitful, even after a couple of nights away from this site, I've added another 30$ to my BR and a few more points towards my bonus. I mistakenly thought I had hit my bonus last week and cashed out 200$, but received an e-mail telling me I was still 60 points short, so will have to play a few nights here to build this up to the required level. Neteller is proving to be a great way of transferring the money around, seems to clear within 24 hours and none of the messing about proving ID etc.

Great to see the footy season has well and truly started and really enjoyed a couple of games already, especially the first half of Man U v Fulham, great to watch. My local team Altrincham FC started well, winning their first game of the season, but then losing the next two. They've played two of the top teams already, so no shame in losing to those, and they've played well, so the signs are good for the season ahead.

Finally, had a great interview to actually work for a recruitment compnay, and run their North West office. The guy used a real novel approach to interviewing, started off by telling us what he was like, and that if anyone had a problem with that, they should leave now. Then, the final assesment we were given a brief about a guy and you had to sell him a car. He was a wealthy bloke and the car I had to sell him was Del Trotter's Robin Reliant. We had to call a guy within the company who had some testing comments to challenge us, and he told me afterwards that I was the only person who had gone through the 4 minute telephone conversation and never once used the words 'Robin Reliant'. All good fun, and I thoroughly enjoyed the 2 hours there.

Anway, got the in-laws round tonight and we're having a take-away to save me cooking, so I'm off to the Indian for a Chicken Madras.

Enjoy your poker and spare a thought for me in the morning!

2 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

You're such a sly dog!

Do any of your girls want a work placement in London?

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger MiasDaddy said...

I show a little consideration for my fellow workers, nothing wrong with that.

'My' girls?

;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home