Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Mia’s Dad’s Protégé!

It’s Children in Need week, if you hadn’t noticed, and everyone is trying lots of humorous ways of raising money for this very deserving charity. The company I work for have set up an ‘E-bay’ type auction site, and every member of staff has to put something on that all the other employees can bid for, and all money raised is going to CIN.

The idea was that a few would put the talc and toiletries you get at Xmas but never use, but what they really wanted was a lot of ‘money can’t buy’ type things.

So, for example, one girl has put up ‘I’ll do your ironing for a week’, another ‘I’ll be your taxi services for a weekend’ and other similar things. There’s also plenty of wine, chocolates, hotel weekends and electrical items that people have given, and a few silly ones like ‘£1 to throw a custard pie in my face’. If your item doesn’t get sold, you have to buy it back for £1.

All very good, done in the right spirit and should raise a shit load of money for CIN as we have over 300 employees.

So, what do I give?

Well, could I get away with taking someone out for a meal (only the ladies to bid, obviously), a drink in a quiet country pub (ditto) or a romantic night in a luxury hotel, complete with double poster bed (even bigger ditto). Surely a night out with me is priceless and would attract thousands of £££’s in bids?

No, I decided to spare myself the embarrassment of only my mother bidding and after a girl at work asked me if I would help her online poker game (she heard I’d just bought a new laptop with poker winnings) – I have decided to give poker lessons!

Surely the only time in my life that someone will pay me to show them how to play Texas Hold ‘Em. I’ll set them up with an online account, put 20$ in it and teach them how to play.

Maybe I should encourage them to call ‘all-ins’ with 96os and never fold. Then I’ll strip them of everything they have, always telling them to keep reloading until the house has gone!!

Ha, ha, only joking of course – it’ll be a bit of fun and if I raise a few quid in the process – all the better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home