Saturday, March 10, 2007

Any Two Cards

That pretty much sums up what I've been losing to these last few days. Raise 4/5/6 x BB with premium hands and no matter what 2 cards my opponent call with, I'm beat.
OK, I'm a little pissed off an have obviously not lost every hand, but I'm angry and want to rant.
What posseses someone to call a raise and reriase (up to 11$) with A4, then 89? Someone raises to 5.50 with QQ on a 50c BB table, and then someone else (me) reraises with KK to 11$ - it's pretty wise to fold almost every combination of hands other than AA and maybe KK.
But no, they call, and are rewarded for their stupidity with an A 4 x flop or 8 9 x. KK has been dealt to me 17 times since I last posted. 16 raises were called, 1 saw all folded. Every single flop bar one contained an Ace. Hence my rather agitated mood right now.
Look up the odds of that happening. It's a very large number.

I'm currently sat in a hotel room in Bolton (hence my even greater agitated mood!) awaiting the start of our Xmas do, watching Man U on the TV. My company arranges it Xmas do in March, in the belief that more people attend, and that we have enough to do in December as it is.
So it's raining outside, I'm in a strange place but fortunately I remembered to bring my laptop so will just settle down for an hour before the 'festivities' start.

The evening has a 70's theme, and I'm being a miserable git by not dressing up. My response is that I can already dance like John Travolta and dress like I live in the 70's - so why buy a costume? I had suggested a theme of 'Grease', selfishly hoping that all the girls would wear that outfit that Olivia Newton John wears in the final scenes. Apparantly, it was so tight fitting for ONJ, she had to be rubbed down with talcum powder to help get it on (that is true,btw).
Looking at some of the girs in the office, I'd bought a car full of the stuff and was hoping to offer my services, but alas, they chose Saturday Night Fever.

So I'm off down to the bar for an over-priced pint of Guiness - well, several actually - and watch United finish off 'Borough (already 1-0 up thanks to Rooney) and then, especially to please The Cloud, draw and beat Chelsea in the next round.
Then I'll wow them on the dance floor and hope no-one brought a camera!

Hope your luck is better than mine at the tables.

9 Comments:

At 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mark!,

Just found your blog through littleacornman's blog. Good work mate. It's good to see there are other UK poker bloggers out there!
Am I ok to add you to the reading list links on my site?

Also we (me, acornman and yorkshire pudding) are planning to start a weekly UK bloggers tournament if you are interested.

Anyway keep up the good work.

BurnleyMik

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Rosie said...

God, you're a miserable bugger sometimes!

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger MiasDaddy said...

Thank you Rosie. It was a very enjoyable evening,though I'm feeling a little fragile right now :-)

Burnley - love to be involved in a Blogger gaeme - what night of the week are you thinking of?
Yes, fine with the link, I will do the same for yours.

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Nick said...

3-1 up with 20 mins to go.
Bugger.
Bugger.
Bugger.
We'll get them at the Lane!!

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Rosie said...

You'll get them at The Lane? The Lane Chelsea fans call 3 point lane?

Good luck!

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger MiasDaddy said...

ohhhhhh, fight, fight, fight!!

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Nick said...

I think you'll find that this season Spurs got the same number of points as your average triangle at the Lane - and Chelsea got the same number of points as your average circle.

(I've gone all geometric - weird)

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger Rosie said...

Yeah, I remember that match well.Maybe it stood out because wasn't it Spurs first league win against Chelsea in, ahem, cough, 16 years?

Don't Spurs have just 42 points so far this season?

Good luck in the Uefa cup!

;0)

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Nick said...

No comment :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home