Thursday, September 07, 2006

Making a Mess

I'm sat on the couch with laptop on knee, watching Bear in The Big Blue House as Mia is fed her spaghetti bolognese by mummy. It's a mess and I'm staying well clear. At least she doesn't have a white top on. And that's because I'm not feeding her - I've never been forgiven by mummy for ruining a really cute kitten T shirt by allowing Mia to eat with it on.

Anyone with kids will understand. Takes them about 28 years to learn how to eat properly, by which stage they have children of their own and the circle starts all over again. Wouldn't change a thing though, there's something pretty sweet when I see Mia with tomato sauce all over her face - reminds me of a video I saw once with the child covered with chocolate and mummy asks 'what have you been eating' and the little one replied 'I haven't touched your cake mummy'.

Life on the tables is equally messy and nowhere near as cute. Had a rough few days that seems to mirror a few other players’ blogs I've been reading. Must be something in the water at the moment.

The worse was the $3500 guaranteed - down to the last 80 and I'm joint chip leader with Mr X - miles away from 3rd place and I have the final table in my sights. I'm folding everything except the bestest hands to make sure I get that high place finish On the button with AA - Mr X raises to 5 x BB, I re-raise another 5 x his bet and he moves all in. I have to call, and do so.
He turns over KK and I instantly get that feeling in my gut. I actually typed in 'K on the river' - so sure was I of what was about to happen. Flop and turn are good, and then the K falls out and I'm out. He finishes 2nd and wins 600$, and this is a game of skill? Sure, I only lost my 5$ buy in - but I can't help but see it as losing a final table place and a three-figure payout. Cest la vie I suppose.

Cash table play was the same, AA losing 6 times on the run to lower pockets and my QQ raise called by 75os (he flopped a set of 7's) are just the hands that stand out coz they cost me the most. What can you do? None of those hands I could have done a thing about, unless I just don't raise or I fold - and that is a world of trouble. AK and AQ - don't get me started.

Briefly opened up at Hollywood Poker and had so much trouble with their connection and the constant jamming that I have already closed it and withdrawn my money. Cost me 40$ too, as I didn't get chance to recover from some horrific beats there too. Flopped a full house with my first hand and lost to 4 of a kind on the river and never really recovered.
Fortunately, USA Poker is proving equally fruitful as CD Poker (same network) and I am working towards my bonus there and sitting at 110$ up despite more horrific bad beats I've been getting. Did briefly hit a 180$ profit before the bad run, so hoping to get back to those levels quick.

Spent a while searching a few sites to see where my next Bonus target is, and have just opened up at Absolute Poker. Seems like a relatively easy target to hit for 100% bonus, so have put 200$ rather than my usual 100, and will see how things go here.

Daren't play with the charity money at the moment - if I stopped now, I would be donating 92$ from the 60$ start - not huge I know, but better than I had. Gonna wait till the wind changes and then start this back up again.

OK, I gotta clean up my little daughter and make her look cute again. Look's like I might need a blowtorch and industrial strength sand-paper to be honest - but I don't really mind - bath times with Daddy are one of the week's highlights and we both have some fun splashing around.

Good luck at the tables and enjoy your weekend, it's nearly upon us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home