Sunday, September 03, 2006

Poker 4 Over

Last night at the tables at Poker 4 Ever, I questioned a players call after he hit his two outer on the river, and called some big bets to get there.
He reacted quite bad to this and began to get very abusive. I'm not bothered about things like this, and after he started to get personal, I asked him to stop, as I was critical of his play, not of him as a person.

'I'll bet you're black as well' was his reply.
'Would that make any difference at all' I replied.
'Yes it would you........' and so began a dicitionary of words used to described black people, and I don't remember one being complementary.

I clicked open an e-mail to Poker 4 Ever to ask them to remove this guy from their poker site. As per their conditions of use, any player using racist (or just offensive) language will be removed from playing.

Now I don't wish to be a killjoy here, and I have only ever reported one person before, and he said things about my daughter, even when I pointed out she was only 2. But this guy used almost every racially offensive word you can think of, and probably some you can't.

You know what Poker 4 Ever's response was? Nothing. The player was at the site earlier, and he hasn't even had his chat suspended! I e-mailed them and asked them why. They replied that they felt it just warranted a warning.

I told them I don't do warnings and to check my account in 30 minutes and see my reaction.

Maybe I am over reacting, maybe this is the way the world is these days. But I feel like making a stand, and whilst it doesn't add up to a hill of beans, I feel pretty strong about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home