Thursday, May 10, 2007

Sleepless Nights

I am so tired, I think I could sleep on a washing line! Mia has not been well these past few days, temperature still high and whilst the Calpol gives her a few hours relief, she is still really unsettled at night and has been waking up every 3 hours or so, crying and wanting some company. She saw a doctor yesterday who said the rosy cheeks, temperature and general lethargic way are all signs of teething and it should pass in the next few days. She is much chirpier this morning and although waking up only twice last night, managed to sleep in till 11am. This was good for Mummy, who also managed to catch up on sleep, but not for me as I left for work at 8am this morning.
Still, we’re off tomorrow to a friends wedding so may catch a little lie in before I’m up, suited up and ready for the day ahead.

Apart from one memorable hand, had a frustrating night on the tables. Crashed out of my first 4 SNG outside the money with the same scenario - my flush beaten by a higher one. Hit the cash tables for a while and could not seem to get any momentum going. None of my premium hands were standing up and then the memorable hand happened.

On the BB / 50$ NL table, dealt KK. The table maniac raised from early position to $4.50, there was then a raise to $8.50 by player 2 and a flat call from player 3 before getting to me.
I was a bit confused here, the first player could have any 2 cards, his last raise I saw was with K4s, and he’d lost a 50$ buy in already, and was aggressive in his chat. Player 2 called a 60$ all in bet the previous hand with nothing but a flush draw, and hit the river to beat a set of Jacks – probably thought she could do no wrong. Player 3 had just joined the table, so no read on him.
Already at this table, I had twice seen KK v AA confrontations, so was pretty confident that this couldn’t happen again so quickly (not sure now if this was justified!). I decided to push all-in with my 40$ or so, with the idea that this would scare them all off.
Not so, all 3 call! Ouch, I’m f**ked here, I thought. 4 way pot with KK. Hmmmm.

Player 1 turns over Q5, Player 2 AK, Player 3 AQ.
Flop was a low, rainbow, raggedy type thing. Then a Q hits the turn.

Nooooo, please no 5, please no 5, please no 5

River 7.

The two red kings stood proud on the table and $140 came into my pot.

The banter afterwards was amazing, Mr Q5 got really annoyed – especially after I questioned how he calls a 40$ bet with those cards. Mr AQ was quiet, Mr AK got into an argument with Mr Q5, which went on for the next 20minutes, when I left the table. Very amusing, though the comments made were very unsavoury!

Anway, BR continuing a steady growth, despite my SNG setback. Out tonight with the groom, then his wedding tomorrow, and Saturday night I’m out at a friends dinner party – so I face the prospect of 3 nights without playing poker!
Wonder when the shakes will kick in ;-)

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your little one gets over it soon mate and you can catch up with the sleep!

I bet you were pretty happy to see AQ, AK and K5... they pretty much cancel each others hands out!! wooooooo.... very nice pot too!


Have a good weekend at the wedding and tonight. See you for the bloggerment Sunday hopefully.

ATB

BM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home