Sunday, May 21, 2006

Bring me Sunshine

Firstly, big up Rosie - well played.

Thanks for coming back, had a bit of a rest from poker these last few days and played about 10% of what I have been playing. Therefore, I've not had much to write about.

It was the missus' birthday weekend (closer to 40 than 35 now, you know!), so we went out for a meal with a bunch of friends on Friday night and caught a late night showing of Da Vinci Code. Not the best thing to do after a good few pints, and how I stayed awake through the 2 and a half hours, I'll never know. The film was long, pretty much to the book, and Tom Hanks was totally mis-cast in my view. I've read the book, which I enjoyed without the over-praising that many have done, and it's rare for a film to live up to the book (One Flew Over a Cuckoo's Nest an exception?). Still, good food, good company and plenty of beer made for an enjoyable evening overall.
Got home about 3am and then had to get up with Mia at 8am, so pretty tired by the time we headed to her family for a birthday afternoon with the in-laws and sister's family.

No poker for 3 days, so was straining at the leash to play last night! Headed for Poker Stars where I am steadily making back the losses of my Party experience. I put 100$ in my account, and after a session Wednesday night and last night (and my bonus), this now sits at 248$.
I've Headed back to the 50c and 1$ limit tables, as I was hitting a lot of bad beats and wanted to re-focus my tight play. Some of the hands were incredible, you forget that, at this level, almost everyone is a calling station, and it's hard to put anyone on any cards - but play the strong hands strongly and when you hit, punish the calling stations to the max - and I was on a roll.
Also played in 4 SNG's and managed to finish 3rd, 3rd, 2nd and 9th - so showed a profit from these as well.
Then I signed up to Ultimate Bet as they have a 100% bonus, which is paid out as you play, and not massive targets to reach. Had a good start to play and my 180$ is now 214$ with the first chunk of my bonus almost reached.

The only negative to the post is the not-so-great British weather. I work in the Travel Trade, so lots of rain is great for our business, but it is very hard with a 2 year old. We've taken her to the 'Tumble Tots' type thing to expend the energy, but she does love the outdoors, like her daddy.
The cycle trek took place Thursday night - and boy are my legs just recovering! Tore some ligaments playing football in September, so I've not done that much activity this year, so taking a group of 11-14 year olds was a mistake for me! We managed about 15 miles, and were lucky with the weather - so overall, a good time was had by all, even if it will take me a week to recover!

So, as Eric and Ernie were always singing - bring me sunshine.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home