Saturday, September 09, 2006

Monthly Update

A good night on the tables yesterday after my recent frustrations, and I'm gonna try and keep better track of how I do at each poker room - especially as I am moving about so much.
I had a good August, and using a Neteller account gives me a much better accountancy of money going in and out, but each week/month I'm going to post an update - more for my own records to be honest, but also to help me see and understand better the swings of the game.

I currently have the following accounts and balances:

USA Poker: Opening Balance: $100, Current Balance $201 - up $101
Hollywood Poker*: Opening Balance $100, Closing Balance $62 - down $38
Gaming Club: Starting Balance: $100, Current Balance $131 - up $31$
Absolute Poker: Starting Balance $200, Current Balance $298 - up $98

* I had so many connection problems at Hollywood (which I have not had at any of the above sites), so decided to shut this down and move away.


So September so far is showing a profit of $192. I pleased with this so far, especially as the last few days have been pretty harsh with the bad beats. Most sessions that have been losing have been relatively smaller amounts, and my winning sessions have been a good increase.
One of the troubles with a bad run, is that you fear your opponent has the only two cards you can lose to every time, and maybe bet smaller or check and therefore don't get maximum value from your opponent when you have the best hand.
When you find that your opponent does have those dreaded two cards more often than usual, my tendancy to play cautious has protected myself from further losses. Great for helping you limit your losses, but not maximise your winnings.

You've got to try and stay positive and not let recent bad runs affect your future play. That's easier said than done when you raise big with KK, get one caller and see the A on the flop - your opponent doesn't ALWAYS have the Ace. Had an example of this last night and checked the flop and saw another A on the turn. I bet at this, representing the A, he called, which made me suspect he didn't have another as surely he would raise. A bigger bet on the river was called, and he turned over QQ and I took a nice pot.

Anyway, Cathy has headed off early this morning to Leeds, to see Robbie Williams in concert tonight. They did Knebworth a 3 years ago, got there real early and were right at the front in the best possible positon. She was on the telly loads - which was kind of bizarre seeing your missus on TV so much! They are hoping to do the same today, and will probably be front of the Q when the gates open later. Long day, but she enjoys the concert and thinks it is worth the long periods of boredom.

So it's a Daddy day today, the weather forecast is good and we're off to the park for some fun!
Ciao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home