Friday, September 08, 2006

Predict A Card Game Show!!

Roll up, roll up. Great idea for a new TV show. It’s called ‘Predict A Card’ and it’s a game anyone can play. It works like this:

Max 6 or 10 players are dealt 2 cards each face down, and only they can see them.

3 cards are dealt face up on the table for all players to see. The idea is to try and make a good hand by matching your two cards to the 3 on the table, hoping to make a stronger hand than your opponents.

OK, so you’ve made a strong hand – this is where you predict what your opponents are holding by looking at the 4th and 5th cards that face up on the table.

It’s a winner – last night I had a 67% success rate.

The formula is very simple. Look at your hand. Then think of the only 2 cards that you could lose to.

Ta Daaaaa – these are the 2 cards your opponent has. It’s magic. It even works with the most bizarre and unlikely scenarios.

I have AK on a AK2 flop and make a big bet. Opponent goes all in over me. I call.

Turn is a J, river is a J. I predict he is holding JJ. He is – I win!

The formula works consistently, see example number 2.

I have QJ on a QJ7 flop and bet it hard. One caller. Turn is a 2. I bet it hard and again one caller. Turn is a 7. Fortunately, I check here and save myself a re-raise. I guess at K7. He had A7 so I still score for the 7. He called all those big bets with lowest pair.

Unfortunately, unlike most game shows, I don’t win anything. Quite the opposite in fact.

I hate this game sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home