Friday, September 29, 2006

Singing in the Rain

I’ve spent the last 3 months out of the ‘proper work’ routine and boy, does it take a while to get back in it! End of my first proper week in the new job and I have to say I’m loving it, but am shattered as Friday evening approaches. Lot’s to do, plenty of ‘area’s for concern’ (you don’t call them ‘problems’ anymore, that’s too negative) so really looking forward to getting my teeth into things and making a difference.

The poker tables have taken a turn for the better, though I have only played 3 nights this week, as opposed to my usual 5 or 6. Last week, I had emptied all my accounts back to Neteller and played just at Bodog for the last week in the slightly misguided belief that this would put a stop to my dark run. Well, it did and made an immediate impact on bringing this bad run to a halt, and whilst I think it has come too late to make an impact on this months BR, but it’s looking a bit healthier than it did a week ago.
I’ve also made a return to Ladbrokes, and played a steady, if unspectacular, return to play there in the last 2 days. I will look at putting together my months total tomorrow, as there is still a day left for me to improve my monthly figures!

Off the tables it’s been a bit of a quiet week really. I feel so drained after a long week, I haven’t actually done much since my last post. Cathy has decided to take a weekend job which means Saturdays and Sundays are now even more Daddy Days than they have previously been. I lose my one lie-in of the week (we used to take it in turns getting up with Mia at weekends so the other had one morning in bed) but I’m OK with that if Cathy needs some more adult interaction and wants to get back into working.
The only downside is that we are approaching the winter months, so I’m gonna have to come up with many new ways to keep Mia entertained on these wet, dark days. She loves splashing around so swimming is one idea, and the ‘Jungle Jim’ type place will also be great for her, but running around the park may not be so regular with the weather the way it is right now. She loves being with her daddy, so I’m pretty sure we can watch Disney on the sofa and she’d be happy – but I don’t like too much TV when there is an ‘outside’.
Cathy bought Mia her first pair of Wellies today so a part of me is hoping for rain overnight so we can head to the park to try them out in every puddle we see! Who's gonna enjoy that more I wonder?
OK, off to the tables, but I'll have Mr A in my thoughts as I play and hope things work out the best for him, it won't be the same without him around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home