Tuesday, May 15, 2007

7th & 8th!


Delighted to see a much improved Mia over the last 2 days, back to her old self again. She remembered not to get up too early on Saturday and Sunday morning, obviously realising that Mummy and Daddy needed some sleep after a wedding on Friday that ran into the wee hours, and a dinner party of Saturday which was even later. She made up for it with a 6am start this morning, but hey, you can't have everything.

Both evenings went well, had a great laugh and it was good to catch up with old friends not seen for a while. Plenty of good food, wine and music - and even a few smootchies on the dance floor towards the end!

Poker has been a steady reward tonight, entering the 5$ - 750$ added tourny at PKR. Tonight was the third time I've played this on, and I've managed a 7th, another 7th and then an 8th tonight.

Bizzarely, I'll probably end up 7th again, as 2 players were constantly cheating throughout the tourny, telling each other what cards they had whenever in a heads up situation. Not sure if they were friends or knew each other (they seemed like they did) but I saw it myself 3 times, and other players commented on it. One particular hand, one was the SB and as it was folded to him, he raised. The other player was the BB and she was thinking about it and he typed in the chat 'I have AA, please fold'. She folded, after saying she had JJ and sure enough, he turned over AA. More than likely, she calls, goes out and we all finish one place higher (another 11$ for me!).


I got the live chat up after reading the rules on their website, and pointed out that both should be disqualified as they promise. The rules are not clear what happens with the cheating players winnings, so I have asked for a response once they have checked out my claims. I'll post their reply once I've got it.

By the way, if you play at PKR, the 2 players concerned sandwich me on the leaderboard of the image here, so be wary if they are at a table together.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well Done to Dudley, aka Resident Evil (just two of his many guises!) for taking down the latest Blogger Tourny, he did say in the chat that if he won, he would start a blog, so let's see if he is a man of his word! Mr Cloud managed 2nd place (for the 2nd time if memory serves me), so unlucky and well played at the same time! The walk of shame went to Juice, closely followed by the Milkman, Tan earned probably as much in bounty than he would have done if he won the thing, for taking these two out!
Anways, off to bed, have the monthly senior management meeting in the morning, and I've not even written my notes yet!

4 Comments:

At 8:03 AM, Blogger Nick said...

If there's something I hate more than finishing second in the bloggers tournie - three times now by the way :o( - it's collusion.
Good work for reporting them.
It might have been innocent, but as you say it cost you a place - you deserve at least the $11.
(If I were you I would mention you are a blogger - Pkr wouldn't want any bad publicity)

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for mentioning my poor display in the bloggerment!!

Should hopefully have a report up soon, but my internet at home is completely down now :-(

Get those colluders booted off!! I have reported obvious colluding before myself at PaddyPower poker and basically they told me it was tough......... I copied and pasted the live supports chat and emailed it to paddypower customer services and never even got a response. i will never play at that site again!

Bots and Colluders... ruin the beautiful game.

BM

 
At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the kind congrats !!

I am indeed a man of my word and I will start a blog :)

yikes ! just checked and my blog is indeed alive and out there ...

afraid its a real "work in progress" affair at the moment :)
with very very little on it, but I am on the case and will endeavour to get some sort of content (bloggerment tourney write up ?) on as soon as I can ...

as you are well aware, daddyhood can fill up rather large amounts of ones time :)

so, while I am floundering about, anyone finds my blog before I "officially" announce it and I'll put a bounty on my own scalp

regards

dD

aka ResdentEvil

 
At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

almost forgot :)


I used to be schizophrenic, but we are alright now ...


regards

dD

aka ResdentEvil

 

Post a Comment

<< Home