Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Disgusted!

Unfortunately, with myself, not anyone else. Even I cannot blame another for this.

I was 'in the zone'. Tourny started with 387, and we are down to the last 7. I've played some of the most patient, strong poker as I've played in some time. I have a chip lead of a few hundred over 2nd place, and 1000's from 3rd and below. I glance at the payout structure and see that 3rd place pays out over 150$, 2nd over 250$ and 1st almost 500$. I was thinking one of those 3 was well within my grasp, instead of the 50$ or so I ended up with.

Then I was deal AJs in mid position. And for some reason, I thought this was a premium hand. And played it accordingly. 3 hours of previously solid, patient poker, and I ruin it all in a few seconds. Refusing to believe the other guy had a hand.
What an idiot, and I was so disgusted with myself for playing this the way I did, throwing away a real chance at bigger money, over a lack of concentration and such stupid play on my part.

I hope I learn from it, thats the positive thing I'm going to take away.

The poker is going well, and my poor first quarter is behind me and things are looking brighter as I look at my various poker accounts. The winning player I was last year and before, is creeping back, and I, for one, am damn glad about that.

------------------------------

PKR have still not responded to my Email regarding the 'cheating/collusion' from last week. I sent a chaser last night (and have had receipts that all have been received) saying that I expect a response within 24 hours or will publicise the fact that PKR seem to be, in some way, condoning what took place or surely they would act against it? Their rules quite clearly state that anyone caught doing this would be disqualified and banned from playing at their site. I have seen both players several times since, so know that this hasn't happened.

They also haven't upped my payout so I'm guessing they weren't disqualified either. Not sure if I should just let this go or keep on at PKR - or what I can do if they advise they will not do anything? Any ideas would be gratefully received!

------------------------------

Finally, just started playing and had this - think it could be a good night. Nearly ran out of time trying to get the Screen Shot on!





PS - Check out newly added link to the right for Mr Dudley, or Dd or Resident Evil - he's gotta blog!!

2 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AJ is Trash in mid or EP mate, it does nothing but get you into trouble.. as you learned. Unlucky, nothing worse than making a mistake, but it's the realising it that is important.

I would keep on at PKR, as a customer you have a right to play on a fair and "policed" pokersite and if they are not prepared to take your report seriously then I would go ahead and post on forums and on your blog what has happened and the lack of ability for a well-known poker site to act upon that information. Even an email confirming they are looking into it would be better than just ignoring it. I suspect that they hope you will just go away, but make sure you don't! We all want to play on honest sites where we know we are not being cheated by other players. Push them hard IM and keep us posted.

ATB

BM

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger dD said...

wow !! my blog has a link !
I don't know what to say ... thanks !
"tagged" will be appearing soon :)

regards

dD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home