Saturday, May 19, 2007

Cup Final Morning

My mood is high after a great night on the tales last night, adding 110$ to my BR. Mainly thanks to 2 wins in 10$ SNG's and my 10's beating Jacks on a lucky river.

It was my turn for lie in this morning - so I'm feeling refreshed. The lads will be knocking on my door in about an hour for pre-match bacon butties and discussions over the team sheets.
Who's in for us, who's out for them. What formation, will our top players perform on the day?

Confidence - they could only draw with our 2nd string team last week.
Bravado - Ronaldo and Rooney are the best strike partnership in the world.
Realism - Chealsea are not a bad side, a few of their players can cause us problems.
Predictions - Close game, possibly extra time, United to win by 1 goal.
Confidence agin - nah, 4 - 0 like the last time we met them in the FA Cup Final.
Wembley Memories - My first cup final, Altrincham v Enfield in the FA Trophy many years ago, with my Grandad.
Good memories - Lucky to have seen quite a few wins at wembley in both FA and League Cup Finals, Cantona's strike against Liverpool in a dull game (but who cares after?).
Bad one's too - Alan Sunderlands late winner, Kanchelskis getting sent off and losing to Villa. Horrible journey home sometims.

Then it's off to the pub with a big screen and lots of atmosphere.

But before that,

Fear - what if we lose?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home