Sunday, June 10, 2007

Joker Stars

This must have gone through my head so many times today. In my various sessions at this wonderful poker site today, I was dealt KK 8 times - 8 times! On the first 7, an A flopped and my single opponent had one every time. Then, the 8th time - I flopped another K - nice! Not. Runner runner flush stole it from me.
So I was pretty gutted - as well as minus 100$ from my BR.
Moved to a 1$ NL table - which was probably not the best thing to do in my frame of mind, and 2nd or 3rd hand in, won 65$ when my AA ran into KK (on, the irony) and he couldn't fold.

Seems Burnley Mik's curse has headed my way -just fired up a table to get into the groove, and hit trips to lose to higher kicker, then another set losing to a rivered str8. So mixed feelings as I head towards the Blogger Tourny - and I hope Joker Stars treats me better or I've a feeling the monkey could be on these pages next week......

Also, has anyone ever seen this before? At a cash table, a player uses his 'time bank' if he does not act in time. One player wasn't acting and had a time bank of 320 seconds. So me and the rest of the table had to wait 5 minutes for his time bank to work it's way to zero before the game. I had already raised with pocket 10's so had to wait, otherwise I'd have left the table. Seems ridiculous to me.

Anyway, hope we have a good turnout for the tourny tonight - 10 already with a few familiar faces missing.

Good luck to one and all (especially me!).

1 Comments:

At 11:32 PM, Blogger Swifty said...

Remember the golden Poker Stars rule...the better the starting hand the more painful the subsequent defeat. You have my sympathy for what it's worth.

As for the time bank thing - I play cash so rarely on PS that I can't say for sure. However the situation you narrate seems patently ludicrous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home