Friday, May 25, 2007

Nearly Weekend!!

Still no word from PKR, so after posting a thread on 2+2 with the story, cashed out and uninstalled from the laptop. It’s a real shame this, last week I made 220$ profit at this site, thanks to 4 high placings in tourneys and a high % in the money on the SNG’s.
It’s a nice place to play poker, you can have a bit of fun with your character, making him laugh and jump around, as well as shout ‘Loser’ at other players etc. A lot of players seem to spend more time focusing on this than they do the poker, which has had a great impact on my BR. But, if they can’t treat people with basic respect, and respond to queries raised by their players, why should I play there? There’s plenty more fish in the sea.

2+2 is some place. I’ve heard it spoken about in the past, but never really read too much. Spent a while there last night reading the many posts of varying intellect and interest, got stumped at some of the mathematical formula’s there (never was any good at Algebra at school) as well as some idiots posting anything and everything for their 15 virtual moments of fame.

Downloaded Party, not played there for some time, thought I’d see if it was still as brutal as it used to be. First 3 SNG’s I was out first (my AK v QJ – lost to 2 outer on the river) 2nd in the 2nd (was leader but lost 2 hands on the run to – 2 outers on the river) then busted out on the bubble in the third to yet another rivered 2 outer. Then went on a good run in 5 consecutive SNG’s – winning 4 and 2nd in the other to make a nice profit for the evening. Slight dip on a cash table with the hand below, but still ended the night positive. Fired up PokerStars and played a SNG there at 5$ and won, then closed down for the night as I was getting pretty tired.

A few blogs seem to be discussing the SNG v Cash Game debate – and I seem to be having more success at the Tourney tables than the cash ones, and I guess some players are more skilled at one than the other. Cash tables I see the variance much more, especially at the lower levels I play at. I think this hand sums up what would happen on a cash table, but less likely on a tourney one:
I check 9 10 on the BB and see a flop of 9 10 2. Bet double the pot as 2 suited cards there – only 1 caller. Turn x, bet double pot again and he calls. River 2 (no flush) and bet the pot – he calls and shows 2 4. No flush draw, no str8 draw – calls all this with lowest pair and worse kicker. He could beat no hand at all unless he hit a 2 outer on the river, yet calls anyway. I don’t believe you would see this at a tourney table SNG or MTT. I politely tried to engage him in chat, but wouldn’t answer. Maybe he was a robot.
Cash players (generally) seem to be more erratic and call more often, pretty much the opposite of the average tourney player, where patience is vital and the standard seems to be higher.

Looking forward to a long weekend off, work tiring me at the moment, though I am my own worse enemy by staying up too late and not getting enough sleep. Mia has settled back into her sleeping routine after her recent illness so looking forward to a weekend of sleep and then fun. Weather forecast is good for Saturday but Sunday and Monday are not looking good – so looks like Saturday will be an afternoon picnic in the park.

Have a great weekend!

3 Comments:

At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cant believe PKR didn't even have the courtesy to respond. What responses did you get from your 2+2 Post??

Have a nice long relaxing weekend mate.

Nice profits btw!

ATB

BM

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger MiasDaddy said...

Hi Mik,

Got one reply saying he knew someone at PKR and would ask him to address, but never heard anything - no surprise there!

I'm now at Viurgin - think you are there also? Maybe we can grab a SNG - I'll have my IM on later if you're playing?

Cheers,
M.

 
At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry mate, only just seen this.

What do you think of the games there??

BM

I find it pretty weak and have cashed in most of the MTT's I have played.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home