Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Days

"Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons"

My SNG efforts have put a new lease of life in my game, and boy is it working. Joker Stars BR now $80 (from $25) and Virgin now stands at $295(was $130), so a nice 220$ profit in 5 days!


I tell you something though, the beats still come thick and fast, but they just don't have the same impact than on a cash table.

Last night, I played loads of SNG and hit a nut flush twice only to be rivered by full house. Then ran 5 flopped sets into a flush or str8. Some of these knocked me out, others just depleted me and I was able to recover to 2nd place in 2. If these hands had been on cash tables, I would be bust by now. The wore case scenario - I lost 5 or 10$ - much less than the cash table equivalent.


Hope you can all make the Blogger Tourny tonight, numbers have been dropping lately, and I wonder what shelf life the tourny has. I enjoy the game and the banter, so hope it continues.





See you all there, I hope!

PS - Ass is fine this morning, thank you for asking.

2 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

Why are you talking about your ass?

Did the Poker Monkey do this to you?

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/3785/lazanalpw0.jpg

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Good point on there being more beats in tourneys.I reckon that's due to the escalating blinds.Sng's seem to be more of a death by a thousand cuts rather than the one or two cash game beats per session which really hurt.

Of course in the long run those beats can still be overcome for a healthy roi.

cheers,
Acorn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home