Sunday, June 24, 2007

BS

"Paradise is not a place, it's a frame of mind"

Mia is really into her Dora the Explorer at the moment, so imagine our (well, her) delight when we saw an advert in the local paper that she was appearing at a nearby amusement park (like Alton Towers but much smaller, and all the rides are for kids, not adults). Quick gasp when I looked at their website to find it was £10.50 each to get in, and no reduction for children.
Cathy suddenly remembered that we had a niece that worked their at weekends, so she rang her and managed to waggle some comp tickets.
Actually, I managed to blag some comp tickets, but I'm trying to build up her involvement.

So we turned up at the theme park, packed lunches made (which turned out to be a master stoke on my part., when you saw the burgers were £4.99 each!!) and after a brief 'discussion' with the man on the gate, he let us in and we began to wander around.

Mia wasn't too impressed with the rides, once she realised it involved sitting down, and still, for several mintues at a time, she was not impressed. Other than this, she was really enjoying her day after meeting Dora and being allowed to run free for an hour or so. Cathy and I had already commented on the run down look of the place, and the distinct need for a lick of paint before we decided to stop for a snack.
As we were sat on a wall watching the log flume, which Mia was enjoying tremendously, a rustling in the bushes caught my atention, and out popped 2, then 3, rats.

Big, wet, furry rats. So we left the area quickly and found another spot cross the other side of the stream. Guess what? More rats. So we headed (away from water) across to the 'parade'. The outfits these people were wearing were so horrible, I actually didn't want Mia going anywhere near them. There was an Elephant who looked like he had mange. His fur was dirty and the outfit didn't fit him/her properly. The music system kept jumping and the dancers did not have a clue what they were doing.
It reminded me of a Simpsons episode where they go to a 'Duff Beer' theme park. It was awful.

Nearly as bad as getting knowcked out of the Blogger tourny with top pair, top kicker on the flop, and being called by someone with nothing, who then hits runner runner str8 flush! Amazing. But then, this is Joker Stars.
This is the 4th str8 flush I've lost to today - 2 when I had the nut flush, and the other when I flopped a str8. All on Joker Stars. I suppose anything can happen on a 'random' system.

Anyway, enough from me, I'll only get bitter.

12 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Blogger Nick said...

Why does getting knocked out with top pair and top kicker against nothing sound so familiar???

The theme park sounds awful.
Glad it wasn't local to me, as Abbie would definitely want to go - anything that involves Dora, Peppa Pig, Wiggles, Charlie and Lola, Bob the Builder..........

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger MiasDaddy said...

ha ha - you had one too, huh? I turned off after it, tbh - totally lost interest :-(
Yeah, Dora, Peppa, Backyardigans and Pooh bear are the favourites in our house :-)

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

I was always more partial to Thomas the Tank Engine.

 
At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thomas the tank engine rocks !

lol I have it on video, when mr ringo star narrated !!

unlucky with that hand, sir !

I switched off pronto, when my KK ran into AA ....

bitter is fine ... but if you are twisted and bitter ...

regards

dD

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger dD said...

playing the darkside tonight ??

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger The 80th Minute said...

Hi,

Reading your blog now for some time and really enjoy it.

Drop me a line if you are interested in exchanging links.

Cheers,
Dremeber

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Swifty said...

4 straight flushes?

If there was a 'laugh my arse off madly while trying to show sympathy for yet another poor sod sucked out on Pokerstars' smiley I'd use it.

Mind you with all those SFs out there how could you hope to hit your draw ;). Be reasonable man!

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger MiasDaddy said...

Joker Stars do have a 'stress toy' they send you once you've hit 500 points. It has their logo with the words 'I've been f**ked on the River. Repeatedly.' :-(
I wouldn't mind so much if I hit as many as hit against me. Sorry, I'm getting bitter.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger MiasDaddy said...

dD - Thomas the Tank Engine has a different meaning to Mr Edge, than it does for the rest of us ;-)

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Amatay said...

I've linked u oop Spideeee ;-)

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

Thomas

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger dD said...

never mind bitter ... get postin you lazeee git !!

reports from the darkside, pleeeze ;)

regards

dD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home