Saturday, June 16, 2007

Sore Bottom

"The only thing in this life that is certain, is that nothing is certain"

Thanks dD for your insightful comments on my last post. Prison and the inability to sit down, all thanks, of course, to the 16 mile bike ride I did in the week. Considering my lack of excersise for the last few months (well, years actually), I feel fine. My legs worked properly the next day, I didn't have to stop every 5 mins doing an impression of an ashtmatic needing help.
Where I did suffer, was in the bottom area. Maybe the bike seat wasn't comfortable enough, maybe the ride was too bumpy. Either way, it is very uncomfortable, and I think the less said about that, the better.

My SNG challenge is progressing nicely at the moment, especially at Virgin. Well, only at Virgin, as my Poker Stars run goes along the lines of: win, lose, lose, lose to basically break even. Better than losing though!
Virgin is proving very fruitful, and my 100$ profit target has been acheived. I think I'm going to stick at 5$ for another few days, just to safeguard my roll. I did play in 2 10$ ones and bubbled in both, but 5$ are proving of a poor standard, so I might milk them for a bit longer.

Just playing in one now, and this makes a great example. I get deal AA and raiseup to 120. One caller, then another player raises up to 350$, I put a raise up to 1000, one folds the other moves all in. I call and he turns over A6. Not even 'sooted'! The flop came out 7 8 9, and I thought for a minute his stupidity was going to be rewarded, but my aces held firm, and I'm currently chip leader. Some just can't fold an Ace!

Anyway, half an hour more, then it's off to the park, walking like I've been horse riding for the past fortnight. Wish me luck.

2 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the Boss network attracts a lot of newbies, so thats probably why the $5 games are weak. (which is great for us) but how do you play a hand like A6 like that? LMAO, even when I was new I knew when i was beat!!!

Good to see the challenge going well mate.As for the ass.... OUCH!!!

BM

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Stephen said...

I played a cash game last night where one guy raises pre-flop, gets one caller, then raises on every street, the other guy calls every time, and at the showdown they both show A6 for Ace high!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home