Thursday, June 14, 2007

Mixed Night

“It is not enough to possess a talent: one must also possess your permission to possess it - eh my friends?”

Continued my Sit and Go run last night, kind of.

I played 6 x 5$ at Joker Stars where I bubbled 3 times and went out before the money in the other 3. Decided to try out a 13$ 6 max game and got 2nd. Although a minus for the evening, I was about 21$ down, this basically wiped out the 23$ profit from the previous night, so back to where I started here.
Played a few at Virgin, where I seem to be having better success and increased my profits from $31 yesterday, to a total of 70$. Played and won 4 on the bounce at PL rather than NL (entered the first one thinking it was NL), where the standards seem to be pretty poor. One lasted about 20 hands, even with the restricted betting! Nothing I did in most of them, just let the others knock themselves out. The last one I played would have seen the profits increase further, but I went heads up with the chip leader when I had AA and he, for some reason, called with J8 (????). When the flop came out 4 5 6 – I had a feeling what was coming and bubbled when the 7 hit the river. Very annoying, but no complaints overall.

So the profit stands at 70$ overall in the first two nights, and I’m pretty pleased with this so far. If I can be 100$ better off by the weekend, I can try out some 10$ in between the regular 5$ ones.

Not been playing for as long as usual as I am soooooo knackered it is untrue. Mia is continuing her desire to sleep on the floor by the door, with no blankets or cushions, and every time she turns over she hits the security gate and cries out in her sleep before nodding off again. Being woken up 3 or 4 times in a night is not great over a 3 week period, and it is starting to take it toll on all 3 of us. She was up at 6am this morning, and her usual 12/13 hours sleep a night is down to about 10 – so she must be due some catching up. If we could get her to stay in her bed, she would probably sleep for a week – but for some reason, she is not having it.
Done some research and I don’t think it is an unusual occurance, lots of kids go through strange sleeping habits, but the general consensus is that, if she is sleeping, leave her to it, she will go back to her bed when she’s ready. Maybe a spell of cool weather will do it?

Anyway, 16-mile cycle ride with a group of kids tonight, so I probably won’t be sitting down for a week!

3 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Blogger dD said...

keep up the good work, sounds like you are doing and playing well !

tonight is plo8 and horse ... are you coming to play on the dark side ??

regards

dD

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger MiasDaddy said...

Depending on how I feel when I get back from the bike ride - I'll put the messenger on.....

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger dD said...

cmon slow coach !

where's the "trip" report of this alleged bike ride ?

spill the beans ! we all want to know why you have a sore arse ... and why it feels like you've been in prison ... snigger snigger

Regards

dD

ps the "word verification" is a REAL pain in the arse

 

Post a Comment

<< Home