Thursday, May 25, 2006

Back on the Market

It's been a while since I've been single (sorry ladies!!), but I guess it's a similar thing being out of work. Attended my first interview today for over 3 years, and although I think it's a very good job, I'm a little bit underqualified so really only went for the practice. Had to sit infont of 3 people, very official and all propely structured questions. Fortunatley, I've hired-and-fired myself, so I knew them all - ha ha!

I had to do a presentation for 15 mins using my laptop along the lines of how I would increase their busines and what I would bring to the party, so to speak. So I fired up my laptop and up pops a picture of Mia, and as one of the interviewers had a 1 year old himself, this broke the ice and realxed me a bit. It went really well, much better than I expected, so we'll wait and see early next week.

Back to the tables, switched some money around and re-activated my Ladbrokes account after Rosie's message and went looking for her table, but she seemed to be on a SNG every time I looked, so that's obviously going well for her. I've not been back to ladbrokes for a while as, quite simply, I just don't like it.

Not sure why. Well, actually, I know damn well why. I don't win there.

With all long standing poker accounts (brief spell at Party excluded), I've never lost money in the last 6 months at any of them, apart from laddies. I can't explain what it is, or why. Is the standard higher and I'm not good enough? Do I play differently there? Is the card dealing system different?

The only reason I mentioned the last comment, is because looking at my hand history stats, there's a massive difference between the amount of hands that hit at the different sites. I know variance plays a part here as the Poker Room stats make up the most of my hand history, but even so, some pretty interesting stuff:

I'm 47% more likely to hit a flush at Poker Room than any other site; I lose with more flopped straights at Laddies than any other site; trips/sets lose more at Poker Stars than any other. Sorry I'm waffling a bit, but I thought I would share this trivia with you.

Anyway, back to the tables and how's my poker day been? A bit mixed to be honest. Poker Stars account progressing nicely thanks to a spell at a NL table where I hit a couple of big hands in my favour, as well as a erratic player who tried to bluff my raises too often. Cut my winnings and left 50$ richer. Ultimate Bet broke even and opened up at the Gaming Club to build a bonus there and running slightly up on the cash tables.

Tried my hand at a few 5-seater 5$ SNG's and won two, runner up 2 and 2 early exits at GC - so about 30$ profit here. Played 3 at Laddies and lost with AQ v A3 first hand with an A on the flop, he hit 3 on river after calling my all in, then almost the same in then second where my AQ ran in to two players with A7, again an A on the flop and a 7 on the river knocked me out. The third I was out in 5th after my flopped two pair lost to a clown with an underpair who called my raise and hit a set on the turn. This leaves me about 30$ down at Laddies, so I'm off to hit the cash tables now to see if I can get this back :-)

Had a good run around the garden in the bright sunshine with Mia this afternoon, after checking the weather forecast for the area last night and saw 'rain all day' type thing.
And this got me thinking. How the heck can weathermen and their like predict the earth's temperature in 50 years time (global warming etc) - but can't get it right tomorrow?

Answers on a postcard please........

1 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home