Monday, April 02, 2007

BritBlogger

Enjoyed the Blogger Tourny last night, congrats to Richard for winning and Nick for coming 2nd.
From a personal perspective, I thought I played quite well early on, and built a nice stack in the first stages, thanks to my flush taking out Rosie's str8 (sorry R). There was a death threat shortly afterwards, but I know she didn't mean it!!
Was top of the pile for the first few rounds, then hovered between 2nd and 3rd as Richard built a nice early lead. He had a memorable hand when his KQ v Mookie's JJ saw a flop of KQJ. Another K on the river knocked Mookie out and Richard had a commanding lead.
I did hit another flush later on when I was given a free card and hit on the river - can't remember who this was against, think it was AlCantHang, and moved back to 2nd place.
Then, the bane of my poker life at the moment, my first and only high pair of the touny fell to me. QQ on the BB and there was a 4/5 x bb rasie before me. I re-raised 3 x his bet and he called. We saw a flop of 10 9 3 and I pushed all in. The villian called and showed A 10. As per the way things have been running for me recently, the A hit the table and I was severly depleted. Don't think I could have done this much differently to be honest, maybe pushing all in after his pre-flop raise, but my read was that he would call anyway, so the outcome would not have changed. My chip stack down to 3 figures, I never really recovered from this.
Managed to steal Kat's last blind just before she turned up and stole a couple of blinds for 2 rounds before pushing with A9 with just 800 chips left, and ran into A10 and neiher improved, so out I went.

Overall, don't think there was much else I could have done - but I enjoyed the banter and look forward to this being a regular thing, and I improve on my 10th place finish next time.

Off the above table, had a good night on the cash tables through the evening, making back my losses from the previous night thanks to my AA standing up against KK and JJ. A low flop helped everyone think they had the best hand and I made a good few Euro's on this hand. Shortly after, my nut flush beat a Q high flush and I was sitting pretty and a little happier.

No poker tonight as we 'look forward' to the hospital visit tomorrow morning at 9am. I'll cook us a nice, light meal tonight and maybe open a vintage Perrier (no alcohol allowed 24hours prior), still,obviously. Hopefully there will be a good movie we can curl up to and keep our minds off what may happen tomorrow.

Luck needed in a different way...........

3 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Cheers for playing last night,even if you did raise me out a pot or two!

All the best to you and the Mrs for tomorrow too mate.You'll be in my thoughts.

 
At 1:58 AM, Blogger TanOrpheus said...

I didnt realise Spids was you mate, well played last night and best wishes for tomorrow.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Nick said...

Unlucky in the tournie mate - like Tan, I didn't realise it was you (on a different table anyway).

Best of luck for today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home