Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Wash and Go

“He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you”

Following on from Mik’s comments on my last post about me needing a new challenge, I think he is spot on. At work, I am constantly setting goals and objectives to my staff as well as myself, and I could do with taking a leaf out of this book when it comes to poker.
Constantly setting targets allows you to gauge your success against these objectives, and I think I need a bit of a focus, maybe I have lost my way. I did consider Tan’s comments of playing a bit of heads-up poker, and see how this suited my game – but I am sticking to my promise of not playing a cash game for the remainder of the month and am starting a Sit and Go challenge. I’m not taking 2 bottles into the shower, I’m going to Sit and Go (groan).

So, my plan is to play a set number of SNG’s at various levels and track my progress to see what profits / losses I can achieve.

First nights play was pretty successful.
Played 6 SNGs (5 x 3$ and 1 x 5$) at Joker Stars and cleared a $23 profit
Played 6 SNG’s (3 x 3$ and 3 x 5$) at Virgin and cleared a $31 profit

54$ up so far with a starting bankroll of 160$, so a nice start. Once I’ve built up my profits to 100$ I will play at 5$ level and drop the 3$. Not sure what profit level I should have achieved before I move up to 10$ buy ins, but the play is generally pretty soft at the above levels, not sure how big a jump in class it is at the 10$ level? Any advice would be welcome.
My play was much calmer, and I saw few flops with my patient play. Seems to come naturally on a tournament table, but for some reason doesn’t transfer to the cash table play. Strange. Maybe need to get Mulder and Scully on to this one.

One more thing - more MTT’s as well. I’m going to start with freeroll qualifiers and see where I go, and have also downloaded CD poker where I have over 6000 points and will use these points in entering satellites to get free entry to some $3 and $5k tournaments. Hopefully.

And, I’m going to remain positive at all times.
No sulking.
Positive Mental Attitude.
Works wonders.

2 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the challenge, and when you have finished with Mulder and Scully can you send them round to my place please! I have the exact same problem I can play patient poker in tournies but I'm impatient when I play cash..... which is why I never play it now!

 
At 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a plan!!!!

Very best of luck with it. Rinse them fishes.

GL

BM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home